Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday [75]

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookis in June 2010 and moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join! This week Top Ten is...

Top ONE Frequently Used Word In Romance Titles

I have never, ever made a Top One, but here I am. Doing it because it annoys me to no end whenever the word is used every single time. I don't hate the word, but I am tired of it. The word is:

                             

The word is actually baby, but babe is basically the same, so I dislike both. This word is used as an endearment for the S/O and I hate it. I haave to admit that sometimes is cute, but most of the time is anoying for me. Some authors write it without any sense, just to make the character say it. BUT some other authors give it another meaning and those are the ones I love.
An example would be Kristen Ashley. When her main male character calls "baby/babe" the main female character it means that the couple is in another "stage", for lack of other word. Maybe they passed from haters to lovers, or from friends to lovers. The meaning is there and I love it.
Anyways, I'm no author (yet), but using endearments that everyone use is a no-no for me. There are so many and you can even make up ones. Becauce love stories in where the endearments are made up, are the most funny books. I'm just saying this for a friend, if you catch my meaning.

That's my only word, which one/ones are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!