Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday [73]

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookis in June 2010 and moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join! This week Top Ten is...

Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes

He collects people like some people collect coins, indiscriminately and greedily. Now I'm lost deep in his catalog, underserving of any distinction."
--- Seven Ways We Lie, by Riley Redsgate

Eleanor was right. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something."
--- Eleanor and Park, by Rainbow Rowell

There will come a time when all of us are dead. All of us. There will come a time when there are no human beings remaining to remember that anyone ever existed or that our species ever did anything. There will be no one left to remember Aristotle or Cleopatra, let alone you. Everything that we did and built and wrote and thought and discovered will be forgotten and all of this will have been for naught. Maybe that time is coming soon and maybe it is millions of years away, but even if we survive the collapse of our sun, we will not survive forever. There was time before organisms experienced consciousness, and there will be time after. And if the inevitability of human oblivion worries you, I encourage you to ignore it. God knows that’s what everyone else does."
--- The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green

How much did it hurt? It was like a million paper cuts on my heart."
--- The Truth About Alice, by Jennifer Mathieu

I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now and live in it forever."
--- Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins

Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it. But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know."
--- Before I Fall, by Lauren Oliver

Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read."
--- Clockwork Princess, by Cassandra Clare

So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be."
--- The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky

I didn't fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way. I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are only fated to do the things that we'd choose anyway. And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you."
--- The Chaos of Stars, by Kiersten White

Be the kind of friend that you want to have.
This is what it all boils down to. Listen when they bitch. Tell them they'll be okay. Go over and check in on their cat when they're on vacation. Call them on their birthday, or better yet bake a cake in the shape of their initial. Keep their secrets. Treat them like what they are--the rare person in this world who gives a fuck about you not because they have to, but because they want to. Give a fuck about them."
--- Adulting, by Kelly Williams Brown

There are so, so many more, but I chose these ones. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!