Wednesday, March 14, 2018

[Series Review] The Unforgettable Duet, by: Brooke Blaine

The Unforgettable Duet

FORGET ME NOT
REMEMBER ME WHEN

by: Brooke Blaine
Publication Date: February 10th & 28th, 2018
Read Date: March 14th, 2018
Genre: MM Romance, Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 165 & 151

 

Three sugars, two creamers.
That’s how you took your coffee every morning at Joe’s Grab ’N Go.
But you don’t remember that.
You don’t remember anything.
Anything, that is, except me…
That day…
And the tragedy that catapulted us together.

 

My worst nightmare and your greatest fear became a reality:
You don’t remember me.
You don’t remember the accident or the weeks afterward.
You don’t remember my bed as your safe place, or when, against all odds, you fell for me.
You remember me only as the casual acquaintance you saw as you grabbed your daily coffee.
Three sugars, two creamers.

Perhaps an acquaintance is all I’ll ever be to you now.
Maybe I can shoulder the heartbreak and the loss of you if it means you’ll be happy.
Unless…
You remember me when.

my overall rate


I have always loved the collabs of this author with Ella Frank, so I said "why the hell not?" to read a book only by Brooke Blaine. I took that walk to the "wild side" and my heart broke TWICE but was back up again with just one page. I swear that I saw everything coming and I still had a heart attack.

The story is just as it sounds. These two boys have seen each other every day for the past months at Joe's Grab 'N Go. But today was different for Ollie because he finally spoke to Bluebird, real name Reid. Small talk, but it was something. Ollie is a paramedic, so when a call came in of a crash near him... he never thought in the middle of it all would be Reid.

Everything goes around something as fragile as the memory. Reid lost a chunk of it with the crash, but gain a lot more, Ollie. The banter of these two was OFF THE CHARTS. It made me laugh so many times. But it also made me swoon so many other times. Reid is frustrated because he doesn't remember much, but the broken heart will be ours and Ollie when time passes. That's everything I will say about what is to happen. I seriously don't want to give much away.

My favorite character hands down was Mike. OH, MY GOD, I couldn't stop laughing whenever he was on the scene. He made everything way better, but he also made Ollie see everything from the outside. He would knock some sense into him like no one's business. I swear I was totally in love with Mike. His wife was as hilarious as him, but she didn't appear much, sadly.

I don't want to describe Ollie or Reid in much detail, but my fave between the two was Ollie. He was a rock, a champion. I swear he was made of steel because is something like that happens to me, I'll throw myself from the nearest bridge (joking, but not much).

Overall, Brooke Blaine is a good damn author that you need to read, either alone or in collab she is da boss. Kudos to her! Read the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!