Monday, February 19, 2018

[Review] Rough Ride, by: Kristen Ashley

1001 Dark Nights
Chaos #5

ROUGH RIDE

by: Kristen Ashley
Publication Date: February 13th, 2018
Read Date: February 19th, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 201

 

Rosalie Holloway put it all on the line for the Chaos Motorcycle Club.

Informing to Chaos on their rival club—her man’s club, Bounty—Rosalie knows the stakes. And she pays them when her man, who she was hoping to scare straight, finds out she’s betrayed him and he delivers her to his brothers to mete out their form of justice.

But really, Rosie has long been denying that, as she drifted away from her Bounty, she’s been falling in love with Everett “Snapper” Kavanagh, a Chaos brother. Snap is the biker-boy-next door with the snowy blue eyes, quiet confidence and sweet disposition who was supposed to keep her safe... and fell down on that job.

For Snapper, it’s always been Rosalie, from the first time he saw her at the Chaos Compound. He’s just been waiting for a clear shot. But he didn’t want to get it after his Rosie was left bleeding, beat down and broken by Bounty on a cement warehouse floor.

With Rosalie a casualty of an ongoing war, Snapper has to guide her to trust him, take a shot with him, build a them...

And fold his woman firmly in the family that is Chaos.

my rate


Look, Kristen Ashley is a damn good author. She is my #1 author. Reading her stories gives me life when mine is shitty. Chaos MC is one of my fave series of her, basically the second one in the list for now. So when I knew this book was coming, I was all in. But my memory fails me every damn time, so I didn't really get who Rosalie actually was. Now I do and I'm in her corner, just the same with all the others and the ones that are sure to come.

The Armageddon can be seen from a mile away now because Bounty MC make it closer by doing everything they did on Rose. They totally deserve it, but I'm afraid of my fave characters. I'm afraid of what is coming next. I'm afraid of how this little book ended. I need more books now!

That feeling aside, I loved Rose and Snapper's story. It was super sweet, but very touchy feeling. I WEPT while reading this book. Only KA can do that, of that, I'm sure. My fave character in this book, other than Snap, was Rose's mom. That lady knew her shit. That lady deserves the supporting actress Oscar award. That lady slap sense into Rosalie so much that it actually slap sense into me. I love every single page that she was in. I just love her so much. Now, Snap was a gentleman and I so want someone like him, but the same thing I have said of all Chaos men. I loved their happy ending, but now is coming the hard part.

Chaos MC is not ending soon, that I know. But what it comes will not be easy. KA has said it before, so I'm embracing myself to be sad and to cry some more. But as always KA brings the perfect and most beautiful endings of all, so I'll hang on to that part. Come on, KA, bring it on!

last reviews

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!