Saturday, February 3, 2018

[Review] The Outpost, by: Devney Perry

Jamison Valley #4

THE OUTPOST

by: Devney Perry
Publication Date: November 7th, 2017
Read Date: February 3rd, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: ebook
Pages: 362

 

Trapped in his tiny mountain cabin, she didn't expect to fall for his big heart.

Exposing a prominent criminal family with an investigative news report didn’t exactly work out the way Sabrina had hoped. Instead of basking in the glory of her article’s success, she’s on the run from a powerful man who wants her dead. To stay safe, she’s forced to trade one bad situation for another. Stuck in the Montana wilderness, she’s secluded from anything resembling civilization or the modern-day world. The only good thing about her situation is the gorgeous mountain man assigned to protect her. Too bad he isn’t the slightest bit interested in a city girl like her.

Beau likes his life quiet and simple. Give him a peaceful day hiking in the woods with his dog, and he’s a happy man. He has no use for large crowds, noisy cities or dramatic women. So when a hotshot reporter rolls into town, dragging her big-time problems with her, he should have run for the hills. Instead, he volunteered to keep her safe. Bringing her into his world won’t be easy, but if he can convince her that Montana isn’t as terrifying as she believes, they might just be the perfect match.

my rate


Did I say that Silas's book was my second favorite of this series? Oh my, I'm sorry. I meant to say THIS book was my second favorite in the series. I'm sorry Silas, but Beau beat your spot fair and square. If you are wondering the first spot is, and always will be, Jess book, but I already talked about him, so let me talk about Beau Holt.

In the last book, we got the whole scoop on the shit storm that Sabrina brought with her to Prescott, Montana. She needed to hid ASAP. Be off the grid. Who comes to the rescue? BEAU! Everything couldn't have been better. He took her away to the farthest outpost in the county and stash her there out of trouble. But trouble always finds himself slipping through because these two got more than they bargained for. Their chemistry was palpable, even I could feel it and I was just the mere reader.

I swear every little thing in this book was perfect. Nothing was rushed, nothing was boring and everything came at the right moment. Jamison Valley people grew on me and now I'm just one book away to finishing the series, I'm becoming sad. I want so many stories more. I want a Michael Holt book too. He was so sweet and even though he's the little brother, he had good advice. I'm getting a Maisy book, which is good, so I hope that Michael gets his on the sidelines, just like Milo got his in the first book. I want all these characters to be truly happy or I'm gonna be mad.

Finally, there's nothing much left of me to say. I loved the book, so is a recommendation from me.
PS, these covers are becoming more gorgeous by the second.

last reviews

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!