Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Teaser Tuesday [14]

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: grab your current read; open to a random page; share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page; BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!); and share the title & author, too, so that other people can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.
Mara Dyer #1

THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER

by: Michelle Hodkin
Read on May 8th, 2017

"Wait," I said as Noah slipped a book from a shelf and headed toward the door. "Where are you going?"
"To read?"
But I don't want you to.
"But I need to go home," I said, my eyes meeting his. "My parents are going to kill me."
"Taken care of. You're at Sophie's house."
I loved Sophie.
"So I'm... staying here?"
"Daniel's covering for you."
I loved Daniel.
"Where's Katie?" I asked, trying to sound casual.
"Eliza's house."
I loved Eliza.
"And your parents?" I asked.
"Some charity thing."
I loved charity.
"So why are you going to read when I'm right here?"

I laughed a lot in this book and then some. I recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!