Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Teaser Tuesday [13]

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: grab your current read; open to a random page; share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page; BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!); and share the title & author, too, so that other people can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.

THE PROTECTOR


by: Jodi Ellen Malpas
Read on April 22nd. 2017

     "How are your acting skills?" I ask, peeking through the again and spotting Lucinda holding position.
     "The last time I acted was in the school pantomime."
     I smile, rather inappropriately, given our situation, remembering Heather playing Cinderella. "You're going to open the door and throw yourself into the corridor. Look panicked."
     "I can do that."
     "Tell her I'm climbing out the window."
     "I can do that, too." She rolls her shoulders, readying herself, then drops her eyes to the frying pan again. "And as soon as she barrels through the door to stop you..."
I smile and raise the pan. "I'm going to whack her over the hear."
     "Fabulous," Heather mutters, putting her hand on the knob. "I only came over for wine and a chat," she reminds me grimly. Then she opens the door and starts screaming like a deranged nut job.

I know I read this some time ago, but that part was so, so hilarious that I couldn't stop myself of sharing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!