Monday, May 1, 2017

[Review] Halo, by: Alexandra Adornetto

Halo #1

HALO

by: Alexandra Adornetto
Release Date: January 1st, 2010
Read Date: May 1st, 2017
Format: Paperback
Pages: 512

Three angels are sent down to bring good to the world: Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, a teenage girl who is the least experienced of the trio. But she is the most human, and when she is romantically drawn to a mortal boy, the angels fear she will not be strong enough to save anyone—especially herself—from the Dark Forces.

Is love a great enough power against evil?

MY RATE


This book... This book right here has been in my bookshelf since my bookshelf was just full of, like, twenty books. I really don't know what made me not read it before, but I guess that I was a little intimated by the fact that it was a big book and I didn't have much time for those. Now, I am on a mission of tackle as many books in my physical bookshelves as I can, so reading this book was just a matter of time.

Angels, paranormal, fantasy and romance is something that I really like. I do love Contemporary and whatnot, but fantasy will always have a special place in my heart. How an author can create a world like this one is something that I will never come up with. Reading this book certainly remind me of Dante's book, but this one is, in my opinion, much better. Not to put aside the classic, but this story had everything that draws me in.

The story goes like this. Bethany is an angel, like real white wings, miracle worker and daughter of God kind of angel. She's on a mission, of course, but she does have to blend in, so high school is for her. She is more down to earth than any angel, so it was a matter of time since she begins to act and feel like on. Beth meets boy, and they fall in love. Xavier is not only the most popular, brody and with baggage boy in school... he is also head over heals with Beth since the moment they meet. He would do anything for her, but who really can protect an angel? And, can they protect their love even though is forbidden? But other problems are arising in this small city, dark disturbances are happening and it was a name, demon.

The battle between good and evil, angels and demons, is something that I will always love to read. Like, for real. If you haven't notice some of my faves are: Hush, Hush, Charley Davidson, Penryn & the End of Days, Darklight, Fallen, A Beautiful Dark and any of the Shadowhunters books. You see, I am a fan through and through. So reading this book was as drinking pure clear water from a bottle. The book has the best combination of fantasy, romance, suspense and action. It was perfection.

People, I think this book might be anyone's alley. But remember that the book is YA, so the romance is a little bit cheesy. But the other parts are really, really good. There are little clichés, but they worked good in the story. I'm really happy with all characters and I'm definitely going to keep reading the series, because I just loved it. I totally recommend.

If you need a little encouragement, read the first paragraph, which it was what captured me:
Our arrival didn't exactly go as planned. I remember it was almost dawn when we landed because the streetlights were still on. We had hoped out descent would go unnoticed, which mainly did, save for a thirteen-year-old boy doing a paper round.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!