Friday, April 21, 2017

[Short Review] Secrets Sins, by: CD Reiss

SECRET SINS

by: CD Reiss
Release Date: September 16th, 2016
Read Date: April 21th, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 243

Her name is Cinnamon. Cin for short. Band mates Strat and Indy don’t know anything about her except she’s smart as hell and sexy as heaven. They can’t agree who gets her, so they do the only thing two best friends could do. They declare her off limits to both of them.

Margie, AKA Cinnamon-you-can-call-me-Cin, has a thing or two to tell these guys.
Nobody “gets” her. She’ll let them know which one she wants when she can decide between them. Until then, their little pledges and promises aren’t her problem.

Her family is her problem. Her friends. And the world-famous blues rocker who has her cornered. He’s her problem too.

This may be one problem she can’t fix without some help.

MY RATE


I legit did not knew about much of this book. I just put it in my tbr pile because of the author instead of digging up of what or who it was. Color me surprised when I understood that it was Margie Drazen book. I couldn't believe my eyes. This girl is made from steel and now I was going to see her fall in love? Color me very surprised.

The story is short, quick and full of details that I either understood or not. It goes back and forth in the past, it does not touch stories that I already read (not Songs of Submission or Corruption series), it strictly stays in the past, 1982-83 and 1994. We see Margie as a rebel teen that does not respect her mother, but fears her father and what he could do with his power. Margie pushes her luck and everything falls over, it fucked her up once upon a time, but because karma is a bitch, the past came to bite her in the ass... in the name of Indiana/Drew.

What I wonder the most is what the fuck happened to Drew after this book? We do not see it in none of the series that goes after and in Ruin, Theresa says that she has no husband, so I wonder... what happened? The end does not tell me anything. It is a HEA and all that, but I am sucker for information and to click things together and I couldn't do anything of that at this end, so that's why the three stars. That's my piece.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!