Saturday, April 22, 2017

[Short Review] The Protector, by: Jodi Ellen Malpas

THE PROTECTOR

by: Jodi Ellen Malpas
Release Date: September 6th, 2016
Read Date: April 22nd, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 384

People think they have Camille Logan nailed: daddy's girl; beautiful, spoiled young woman with her father's bank balance to fund her lifestyle. But Camille is determined to have a life free from his strings. Out on her own, she's made mistakes, including one that found her clawing her way back after a stint in rehab and plenty of bad press. Now, after fighting so hard to be independent and happy, she finds her life threatened as a result of her father's ruthless business dealings. Caught between resentment and fear, Camille prepares herself for the measures her father will take to protect her. But nothing could prepare her for the ex-SAS sniper who crashes into her life.

Jake Sharp resides in his own personal hell. He was distracted from duty once before, and the consequences were devastating--both personally and professionally. He vowed never to let that happen again. Accepting the job of bodyguard to Camille Logan isn't the kind of distraction from his demons he should take. Women and Jake don't mix well, yet protecting the heiress seems the lesser of two evils. But Jake soon discovers that she isn't the woman she's perceived to be. She's warm, compassionate, her presence settling, and his duty to protect her soon goes deeper than a well-paid job, no matter how hard he fights it. He needs absolution. He comes to need Camille. But he knows he can't have both.

MY RATE


I have always loved Jodi Ellen stories, from the moment This Man fell in my lap, her writing captivated me and making me fan of anything she writes. This book was not an exception, but I have to admit it wasn't her greatest hit for me. I loved the idea and all, but something was missing. She writes these perfect epilogues and I missed that in this book. I cry because of it.

The Protector's story is about that, a protector. Jake Sharp is an ex-soldier who, now, protects people for living, meaning he is a bodyguard. His latest assignment will turn his life forever. Camille Logan is famous in the country. Model, clothes designer, you name it.... but also she is the daughter of the biggest shark in the country too, making her a target for all the threats her father receives. The last threat made it a little more personal, so Camille needs a bodyguard. Jake. These two will get more entangled than my hair when has not been washed.

The story has it ups and downs for the first 300 pages, after that everything was up and up until everything fell apart in the last page. I wanted it end better, but I'm all good with how ended so... I'm good. It was a good read, you read it.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!