Tuesday, April 11, 2017

[Short Review] Avenged, by: Jay Crownover

MacKenzie World #6

AVENGED

by: Jay Crownover
Release Date: March 21st, 2017
Read Date: April 11th, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 110

Girl meets boy…

On the worst night of her life when she’s decided to take a drastic step that there is no going back from.

Girl is used to sitting by, letting fate deal cruel hand after cruel hand to good people with soft hearts and she’s had enough.

Girl thinks it’s time to fight back against fate and against men who aren’t careful with all the precious things a woman in love has to give him.

Fate shows girl who’s boss and turns her world and plans upside down without breaking a sweat.

Boy meets girl…

On the best night of his life when he’s decided that he’s going to make moves to be the man he was always meant to be instead of the man he was trained and conditioned to be.

Boy is used to a solitary life, quiet in the woods and knowing the only thing that might be looking for him is trouble and trouble is no longer his stock in trade.

Boy thinks it’s time to show trouble who’s boss, even if this trouble has big blue eyes and a body made to make men stupid. Trouble only gets the upper hand if the boy falls prey to its temptation.

Trouble turns the boy’s quiet, serene life sideways without any effort.

Trouble is fun and fate has a wicked sense of humor when it comes to this boy meeting this girl.

MY RATE


Benny, Benny, Benny... I met him back in Better When He's Bad, which really was just one book before this one. I know how bad he could be. How ruthless and how much he could dance for money and power. So, it was kind of weird to see it like it was portrayed in this book. So... charming. Echo, I know of her. She's an angel, really. So, how does them fit together? I don't know, but this author made it function. These two were like a perfect epilogue that I never wanted to end.

This book is inside the MacKenzie World, and I have never being inside of it, but for what I could see, it was good enough. I don't think I'll read them in a near future, but life spins a lot, so I'll never know. This book was short, sexy, raw and very very lovely. I loved the end, plus it gave me some kind of clues for the book that comes after Honor, so yey for me. Bye.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!