Wednesday, April 12, 2017

[Short Review] 1986: Why Can't This Be Love, by: R.K. Ryals

Love in the 80s #7

1986: WHY CAN'T THIS BE LOVE

by: R.K. Ryals
Release Date: July 29th, 2016
Read Date: April 12th, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 83

Spring break her junior year is supposed to be Tori Allen's chance to catch the eye of wicked hot Corey Sanders, the bouncer at The Cube, an eighteen and under club.

Only what should have been a night to remember turns into a grody tryst that chases her into the arms of inner city boy, Dylan Black.

A malfunctioning photo booth, a crazy game of midnight madness bowling, and suddenly her memorable night becomes one totally rad adventure.


MY RATE


This short story was a very good story. Well written, structured and with a very good ending. I couldn't ask for more. Plus the song is #thebest.

The main character, Tori, is totally relatable. I live in the clouds and with always a song in my mind, so I totally get her in that sense. Plus she has parents that strict her a lot because past situations with her sister, I also get that too. Dylan Black is #bae, for reals. He's the bad boy with an incredible heart that every girl wants.

I loved what the author did to include historic facts from the 80s in this story. She added a lot of songs from the moment and described very good how people dressed and talk in those years. I totally had a flashback to years that I wasn't even breathing. So, yeah, the story, the things said and done are totally worth reading it. Go ahead, 80s kid, I know you want to read this one, do it.

   

LAST REVIEWS

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!