Friday, April 21, 2017

[Series Review] Corruption, by: CD Reiss

Corruption #1

SPIN

by: CD Reiss
Release Date: March 10th, 2014
Read Date: April 20th, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 239

Mafia capo, Antonio Spinelli blew through my orderly life like a cyclone.

Gorgeous and passionate, with a breathtaking brutality, he put me under his spell the moment he touched me, drawing me into his underworld of risk, violence and betrayal.

And I found, just as this sophisticated savage didn’t trust me, I didn’t trust myself. Something happened to me. Some alchemy from the heat between us.

I discovered I was a savage, too.

Corruption #2

RUIN

by: CD Reiss
Release Date: October 14th, 2014
Read Date: April 20th, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 344

Antonio is a killer.
He's beautiful, educated, a prodigy of a thief and as violent a motherfucker as ever came of the boat from Napoli.

Theresa knows it, but that doesn't stop her from getting emotionally and physically entangled with him, and this is how, maybe, she got it in her head that she can protect him.

But it's not her job to save him, and she's just not getting that. Every time she tries to protect him, she practically gets him killed, and the tighter he grips her, the more dangerous she becomes.

It's almost as if...well, he'd never admit this....but it's almost as if protecting her the way he does is the one thing he should stop. As if the only way he's ever going to find a moment's peace is to just embrace her as a partner, rather than a defenseless creature.

But he'd never do that. Not this violent motherfucker.

Corruption #3

RULE

by: CD Reiss
Release Date: August 25th, 2015
Read Date: April 21th, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 293

Theresa and Antonio.
They've been through hell. Antonio has a price on his head for turning his back on a marriage deal, and Theresa has no intention of turning her back on him. They're devoted and strong, ready for anything....

A Love Tested To The Limit
And then, someone from Antonio's past reappears. Someone who can give him everything he ever wanted, and who can shake them to their very core.

#livetogether
#dietogether

In this stunning conclusion to the USA Today Bestselling series, Antonio and Theresa will have their passion, their devotion and their very will to live tested.

MY RATE OVERALL


It's been a while since I read a CD Reiss book. I loved almost all of the ones I have read of her, so I was definitely in to read these three, but time went on and I kept pushing them away. Their time finally came and I read them. They were good, and that's enough.

How can I describe Antonio Spinelli?
"He wore a suit like a woman wore lingerie, to accentuate the sexual. To highlight the slopes and lines. To give masculinity a definition." --Spin
How can I describe Theresa Drazen?
"She was dangerous, undefendable, and powerful in her own right." --Ruin
How can I describe both of them together?
"Some things are in the stars. I was meant to protect you. And you were meant to rule." --Rule

Is no brainer that I love stories with main characters that talk other language than English and I love it even more if I understand the other language. Men with accent is a turn on. Also, is no brainer that I love bad boys, very bad boys. Boys that are in the other side of the street from the police (meaning criminals). Another no brainer thing is that I love that the girl main character holds their own and makes anyone suffer when someone she loves is in danger. So, this series was, in that aspect, perfect for me.

But I got my lines crossed. The main characters keep making mistakes over and over again. From a few chapters, I knew how everything was going to get down. I hate all the preamble, because I want it to go straight to the problem. There some things that I still have doubts of what happened. Like, what about Katrina? But whatever, just what I think. Obviously, I hated the end because it told me nothing and left me sad for them.

All of that apart, the story of these two was very sweet and I loved that.

"One follows the heart to paradise or destruction, but it rules, and it doesn't tell you where you're going. You just go. Laws be damned. Laws of family and country can go to hell, and you can follow."

SPIN

   

RUIN

   

RULE

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!