Friday, April 21, 2017

#ReviewInAFewWords [2]

Now, this is the type of post in where I type short reviews of books that I read long time ago or books that I forgot to review once I was finished with them. I got a long list of books, so I will divide in different posts and post them once in a while. Anyways, I might not remember much of them, but how they made me feel will always stay within myself, right? I hope so.

MY RATE


The Hunger Games Trilogy

THE HUNGER GAMES
CATCHING FIRE
MOCKINGJAY

by: Suzanne Collins
Released Dates: Sept 14th, '08 - Sept 1st, '09 - Aug 29th, '10
Read Dates: April 17 - 21, 2012
Format: Paperback
Pages: 374 - 400 - 400

This series, this series right here made me fell into the pit of full time bookworm. I went from a read books when she wants, to a she read books every damn time. After this series came so many others, that I cannot count them with all my fingers. I fell in love so much with this series, but interesting enough I never re-read them and I think I never will. ::shrugs::

I loved how everything was planned. How romance was inside, but never was the first topic to talk about. I hated the love triangle (because I always hate them and forever will). I loved the end and the epilogue and how everything came apart. I hated that so many people died, people that I loved and wanted alive.This book crushed me in so many ways, but it made me grow up and understand that life is not as pink-colored as I thought.

Thanks to the author of this book for making it and thank to anyone who made the movies, because those movies made them justice and I loved every single thing of them, just as I did with the book.

THE HUNGER GAMES
   

CATCHING FIRE

   

MOCKINGJAY
   

The Wolves of Mercy Falls #2 & #3

LINGER
FOREVER

by: Maggie Stiefvater
Release Dates: July 13th, 2010 & July 12th, 2011
Read Dates: January 6th, 2013 & January 7th, 2013
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 369 & 405
Damn, I remember so little of these books and I feel so damn much. I remembered being crushed with all the ends, because even though they might not have ended in cliffhangers, they ended with me in pieces. I loved all the characters, but Sam was my love. Cole was sweet too, but nothing like Sam. Sometimes I hated Grace, because I remember her doing stupid things.

I remember being near the end of my bed waiting for the story to move its ass to the main problem. I remember reading all these books with an Ed Sheeran song in the background over and over again (if you want to know, it was Kiss Me). I remember crying because people that I cared about died or did not had the ending I wish they could have gotten.

You see, that's what I remember, my feelings. Nothing more, nothing less.

LINGER
   

FOREVER
   

MY RATE



BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE

by: Annette Curtis Klause
Release Date: August 11th, 1997
Read Date: November 1st, 2011
Format: Paperback
Pages: 264

If I read the Hunger Games a long time ago, then this book goes way before that. I was very intrigued in fantasy, I breathed it, so when this book came to my hands from a friend of back then, I couldn't stop from opening and reading it in a few hours. Then I commit myself to watch the movie.

I have the shame to admit that the movie was way better than the book. From what I remember, which is little, I hated so so much the end. The main girl character was a badass, but she submitted to the big bad wolf and I was pissed. I couldn't believe my eyes in what I was reading. I like my girls fierces. Yes, sometimes they have to let things happened, but never, never submit to the pressure of a man. So, I was really bummed out because of the end, but the story was well written and constructed so, there was that.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!