Wednesday, April 19, 2017

[Review] Smut, by: Karina Halle

SMUT

by: Karina Halle
Release Date: May 16th, 2016
Read Date: April 18th, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 315

What happens when the kink between the pages leads to heat between the sheets?

All Blake Crawford wants is to pass his creative writing course, get his university degree, and take over his dad’s ailing family business. What Amanda Newland wants is to graduate at the top of her class, as well as finally finish her novel and prove to her family that writing is a respectful career.

What Blake and Amanda don’t want is to be paired up with each other for their final project, but that’s exactly what they both get when they’re forced to collaborate on a writing piece. Since Amanda thinks Blake is a pushy asshole (with a panty-melting smirk and British accent) and Blake thinks Amanda has a stick up her ass (though it’s a brilliant ass), they fight tooth and nail until they discover they write well together. They also may find each other really attractive, but that’s neither here nor there.

When their writing project turns out to be a success, the two of them decide to start up a secret partnership using a pen name, infiltrating the self-publishing market in the lucrative genre of erotica. Naturally, with so much heat and passion between the pages, it’s not long before their dirty words become a dirty reality. Sure, they still fight a lot, but at least there’s make-up sex now.

But even as they start to fall hard for each other, will their burgeoning relationship survive if their scandalous secret is exposed? Or are happily-ever-afters just a work of fiction?

MY RATE


I got to confess that I have been planning to read this book for a while, but every time I pick it up, I had to put it down because other things came first. Now, that I have all this free time, I said why the heck not? Turns out, it was as perfect as I thought it was going to be. I popped my Karina Halle cherry when I read her duology Sins, which was a knock out for me, so I gave her another tried and it was better than expected. I'm going to keep reading her now more than before, I assure you.

I'm not quite a writer, but I am an English Major, so I know the struggle of the writer's block, which is basically Amanda's problem... among other things. I also hate get paired up with someone that is a prick, doesn't to well job or is a smartass. These two, Amanda and Blake, being paired up might be the worst idea, but everything turned out a-ok and even better, I might say. They noticed that even though they "hate" each other guts, they write well together... among other things. You see, as I always say... there's only one step between hate and love.

The chemistry between these two was off the meter, and so was their humor. I laughed, like really laughed till my belly hurt. This book is perfect to make laugh anyone who needs it. Plus, the hot scenes would make any women blush, I swear. If you want something sweet, hot and hilarious, then this book would be totally for you.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!