Wednesday, April 26, 2017

[Review] Owning Violet, by: Monica Murphy

The Fowler Sisters #1

OWNING VIOLET

by: Monica Murphy
Release date: December 2nd, 2014
Read date: April 25th, 2016
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 401

I’ve moved through life doing what’s expected of me. I’m the middle daughter, the dutiful daughter. The one who braved a vicious attack and survived. The one who devoted herself to her family’s business empire. The one who met an ambitious man and fell in love. We were going to run Fleur Cosmetics together, Zachary and I.

Until he got a promotion and left me in the dust. Maybe it’s for the best, between his disloyalty and his wandering eye. But another man was waiting for me. Wanting me. He too has an overwhelming thirst for success, just like Zachary—perhaps even more so. He’s also ruthless. And mysterious. I know nothing about Ryder McKay beyond that he makes me feel things I’ve never felt before.

One stolen moment, a kiss, a touch . . . and I’m hooked. Ryder’s like a powerful drug, and I’m an addict who doesn’t want to be cured. He tells me his intentions aren’t pure, and I believe him. For once, I don’t care. I’m willing to risk everything just to be with him. Including my heart. My soul.

My everything.

MY RATE


Owning Violet has been in my tbr since before it came out, don't let my goodreads info fool you. It never draw much my attention, but I have always want it to give it a try. I did and it was good enough. It wasn't awful, but wasn't perfection. I think that some things were missing, but overall I liked reading it.

Imagine this scenario. One company, legacy of one family and its future will be in the hands of the Fowler sisters, which are the rightful owners by blood. The oldest sister, a derailed train. The middle sister, fully committed, but struggling. The youngest sister, always committed, never appreciated. Let's keep talking about the scenario of the middle sister. The sister that threw herself at work to forget things from the past. The one who is in a relationship that will never give her what she wants. But then this sexy as hell guy that works for her irks her skin and makes her do everything she isn't supposed to do. But he has some not so pretty secrets of his own, so they agree to use each other. What happens when usage becomes ownership?

Violet Fowler is that middle child. I wonder why all the sister have flower names, but whatever. The man's name is Ryder, which reminds me more of a Motorcycle Club man than a head marketing man. These two were a couple made to burn the whole city down. He went in looking for job opportunities to unlink himself of the past. She went in looking for an adventure and to give control. Both of them really received what they were looking, but something more... love.

I liked the story, but I was left with so many blank holes. There were so many things that I, as readers, knew, but he never told her. There were things that were told without reason. There wasn't much action persé, which was a little bit of a let down. But I have to admit that the bigger problem just became bigger and it did not stop in this book, which means that it continues in the next. I really liked that. It made me want to keep reading the other books even though this one wasn't what I was looking for. I have to admit that there were scenes that definitely need some type of reward. Overall, as I said before, it was a good read, I liked... that's it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!