Saturday, April 29, 2017

[Review] Hard as Steel, by: Laura Kaye

Hard Ink #4.5
Raven Riders #0.5
1001 Dark Nights #26

HARD AS STEEL

by: Laura Kaye
Released Date: September 22nd, 2015
Read Date: April 29th, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 128

After identifying her employer's dangerous enemies, Jessica Jakes takes refuge at the compound of the Raven Riders Motorcycle Club. Fellow Hard Ink tattooist and Raven leader Ike Young promises to keep Jess safe for as long as it takes, which would be perfect if his close, personal, round-the-clock protection didn't make it so hard to hide just how much she wants him—and always has.

Ike Young loved and lost a woman in trouble once before. The last thing he needs is alone time with the sexiest and feistiest woman he's ever known, one he's purposely kept at a distance for years. Now, Ike's not sure he can keep his hands or his heart to himself—or that he even wants to anymore. And that means he has to do whatever it takes to hold on to Jess forever.

MY RATE


There will be a time when I get to read all the stories of 1001 Dark Nights, but right now I'm good. This is my second one and I really truly enjoy it. I know all these stories are from different series, authors and totally different storylines and all, but they all have something in common... they have a happy ending, or so I think for now.

I love series of tattoo artists and also of motorcycle clubs, so when a story has both... why would I turn it down? I love their dirty mouth, the protective character and their jealous "you are mine" type. It all makes me want for my own. Plus there's the fact that they always have baggage inside of them and I really want to cuddle them all and make it better. So, this is the case of Ike Young. He is part of the Raven Riders MC, but also a tattoo artist. Jessica Jakes is on the run because someone tried to take her, Ike took her as far away as possible to protect her from harm, but his mind wouldn't let him down. He has failed people in the past and he doesn't want to let down Jess, he would die before anyway.

These two are the typical couple of "I want you, but I'm not telling you" type and it was kind of annoying, but these two were funny and their scenes together were hot, so I was happy. Overall, the story was really good. I think some things were left out without a solution, but this is just a story of them not of the others, so I have to read the other books to know... I'll do that in the future, I think. Anyways, these stories are totally worth it if you want something short and good, so yeah.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!