Saturday, April 22, 2017

[Review] Eighteen: 18, by: JA Huss

EIGHTEEN: 18

by: JA Huss
Release Date: November 18th, 2015
Read Date: April 22nd, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 316

Eighteen is hard.
And so is Mateo Alesci.
He’s hard to read, hard to predict, hard in every way that counts. He wants things from me.
Dirty things, nasty things, forbidden things.
And I have to give in.
His attention is completely inappropriate, but I can’t say no. The way he looks at me… the way he watches me through my bedroom window… the way he drags me deeper and deeper into his completely forbidden fantasy world just… turns me on.
He knows it turns me on.
He holds all the power. He holds all the cards.
He holds my entire future in his hands.
And I have to give in.
Because Mr. Alesci is my teacher.
And I need everything he’s offering.

MY RATE


I have to say, this book was not what I was expecting, it was more. I was expecting the typical story in where the teacher (this case a male) flirts with the barely legal eighteen year old student and fucks her and blah blah blah. The story does have that too, but it has even more. I did not see the plot twists coming, but I was a little let down at the end.

Holy shit! I did not knew it wa based on a true story until I was making this post. Now, I'm wondering what's true and what's not and I feel kind of bad for giving it four stars. But I'm rating it like that, not for the story but because I didn't like the end. Don't fuss. I meant that the end, did just that, it established an end, but told me nothing about their future lives. I just wanted a little more... a girl can dream, right?

Character wise... Mateo was a sonofabith, but a good and pretty one. I hated that all his answers were questions... well, most of them. But I guess that all of it was part of the bigger scheme of what he actually was. Shannon; Shannon was a good character. She was tough, but real tough. She wanted things and she made possible to get them.

I liked the story. It was a good one. So good that it was so late at night, but I couldn't sleep until I read it all, so I ended it up reading it until 2am, but, hey, I finished it.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!