Wednesday, April 19, 2017

[Double Review] The Power & The Struggle, by: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Titan #2

THE POWER

by: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: February 23rd, 2016
Read Date: April 19th, 2017
Format: Paperback
Pages: 344

With any great change, there is always strife, and the Covenant University has become the frontline between pure-bloods who want the Breed Order reinstated and the half-bloods who want the right to control their own destinies.

Fate has other plans.

 The violence is escalating and war between the races seems inevitable, and it couldn’t come at a worse time. Hyperion may be out of commission, but Josie and Seth know they have only earned a reprieve.  Seth must get Josie fully prepared, which means controlling her newfound abilities, and they need to find the other demigods before the Titans do.

But the gods are sensing a greater threat. 

Only one thing is more dangerous than a bunch of starved Titans, and that’s an out-of-control Apollyon. The aether in Josie is drawing Seth in deeper, and when lust mixes with love and gives way to power, he knows being close to her is not only dangerous to her, but to everyone around them, but letting her go requires a level of selflessness that just isn’t Seth’s style.

The paths taken in the past are becoming the roads of the future.

Just as chaos breaks out, familiar faces from the past return, complicating the already strained bond between Josie and Seth, and when the danger from the Titans erupts with devastating consequences, the dark allure of power calls to Seth again, but this time Josie might not be able to pull him back.

 And when the struggle between power and love becomes the deadliest battleground, there may be no salvation.

Titan #3

THE STRUGGLE

by: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: March 20th, 2017
Read Date: April 19th, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 370

A bloody path has been chosen…

The war against the Titans continues, and they remain determined to wreak havoc on the world, but Seth has become something all gods fear. Now the most dangerous, most absolute power no longer resides in those who have been freed from their tombs.

The Great War fought by the few is coming…

All may doubt and fear what Seth has become. All except the one woman who might be his final chance at redemption. Josie will do anything to prove that Seth is on their side, but fate has a nasty way of changing lives, of changing people.

In the end, the sun will fall…

The only way they can save the future and save themselves is by facing the unknown together. It will take more than trust and faith. It will take love and the kind of strength not easily broken. No matter what, their lives will never be the same.

For what the gods have feared has come to pass. The end of the old is here and the beginning of the new has been ushered in…

MY RATE FOR BOTH


I'm pissed! Yes, I am pissed that this series did not finished in book three. I'm pissed that I have to wait till gods knows when for the next and, maybe, last book. I am pissed that the end of both of these books were not happy. They were not cliffhangers, but I wanted a little happiness for a moment. I'm pissed because my babies will suffer in the next book, I just can feel it.

All that aside, I have to tell you that if you haven't read the Covenant series, which is the series that comes before this one... You are missing a lot. That series was so, so good that the author made this series as a spin-off and let me tell you, this series is way better, but reading the series before will give you better footing.

After the end of the first book, I needed the second one as much as I need to breathe. I remember buying the book even before it came out and waiting not so patiently for it arrive on release day (it came late, btw). BUT it was not until a full year and a couple of months went passed that I finally read it. I read it today and I read the third one not long after finishing it. I have to say that I am not disappointed at all with the books, the plot, the characters or anything. Yes, I'm pissed about the things I said before, but I do have to admit that the books were damn good.

The story threw a major curve ball a little after the beginning of book third and then it curved again a little before the end, but it was the best plot twists ever. I cannot wait for the next book. I am thrilled of how everything is going to play out, but I am also afraid for my babies. I can feel some major tears coming for them. I just want them to be happy and I want the story to end in book number three, but wishes are not fishes.

If you like Greek Mythology and pure action with romance, this series is the perfect fit for you. Come and read it ASAP.

THE POWER

   

THE STRUGGLE

  

LAST REVIEW


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!