Sunday, April 9, 2017

[Double Review] Charley Davidson Books #10 & #11, by: Darynda Jones

Charley Davidson #10

THE CURSE OF THE TENTH GRAVE

by: Darynda Jones
Release Date: June 28th, 2016
Read Date: April 7th, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 353

Part-time PI and full-time grim reaper, Charley Davidson has asked a lot of questions throughout her life: Why can I see dead people? Who is the hot supernatural entity following me? How do I get gum out of my sister's hair before she wakes up? But, "How do I trap not one god, but three?" was never among them. Until now. And since those gods are on earth to kill her daughter, she has little choice but to track them down, trap them, and cast them from this dimension.

But one of them stole her heart a very long time ago. Can a god of absolute death and destruction change his omniscient spots, or will his allegiance lie with his brothers?

Those are just some of the questions Charley must answer, and quick. Add to that a homeless girl on the run for her life, a man who's been framed for murdering a woman who is still very much alive, and a pendant made from god glass that has the entire supernatural world in an uproar, Charley has her hands full. If she can manage to take care of the whole world-destroying-gods thing, we're saved. If not, well...

Charley Davidson #11

ELEVENTH GRAVE IN MOONLIGHT

by: Darynda Jones
Release Date: January 24th. 2017
Read Date: April 8th, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 320

A typical day in the life of Charley Davidson involves cheating husbands, missing people, errant wives, philandering business owners, and oh yeah . . . demons, hell hounds, evil gods, and dead people. Lots and lots of dead people.

As a part time Private Investigator and full-time Grim Reaper, Charley has to balance the good, the bad, the undead, and those who want her dead.

Now Charley is learning to make peace with the fact that she is a goddess with all kinds of power and that her own daughter has been born to save the world from total destruction. The forces of hell are determined to see Charley banished forever to the darkest corners of another dimension but with the son of Satan himself as her husband, maybe Charley can find a way to have her happily ever after after all.

MY RATE


In case you are wondering why I joined these two reviews together... well, you may have noticed that I read them one after the other, so now that I am writing this, it will be very very hard to say where started when/what... Whatever. Then thing is that I have them mixed in my mind, so *shrugs*.

Going back to Charley was very very easy. I thought I was missing things because I haven't read her in a long while, but she helps me remember every time she explains everything. I caught up about everything as easily as in the second chapter. Before going unto details I have to say that I am really disappointed to the fact that the title of the books no longer appeared in the actual book. I find joy whenever I see the title of the book into somewhere in the dialogue or whatever.

For me, book #10 (aka the curse book) was kind of better than #11 (aka the moonlight book). The curse book had so many things going on, but I never got lost. There was a case in the beginning that got resolved real quickly, but then the real paid case came though and it was very different from others, to say something. Also, she is trying to absorb everything that happened the weeks before, so there's that. The moonlight book did not had a case per say, it was a case, but it was entangled with something that Charley was already investigating on. I have to admit that the ends of both books left me wanting to kill someone. CLIFFHANGERS are not my strong suit and waiting is not inside my capability of patience.

I really, really disliked the end of the moonlight book. It left me kind of heartbroken. I want more, but I also want the story to end. I adore reading of her, but this series is before way too long, it has to end some time, right? The story is becoming so complicated that I am scared of the end, for reals. I just want the war to be over and everyone to be happily and ever after. And maybe a series of her daughter, just saying.

Guys, how many times should I keep recommending this series to you all? There's nothing better than this series, please read it.

PAST REVIEWS

   

THE CURSE BOOK

   

THE MOONLIGHT BOOK

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!