Sunday, March 12, 2017

Book to Movie [6]


BEFORE I FALL

[book - movie]

Author: Lauren Oliver
Published: March 2nd, 2010
Read: March 12, 2013

Director: Ry Russo-Young
Released: March 3rd, 2017
Seen: March 11, 2017

I was so, so happy when it was announced that this movie was going to happen. This book left a mark in me so big, that I just want it to see it by myself. I did not wanted to reread the book, so the movie was the best option. Now that I have seen it, I can still say that the mark still in me and that I am happy and sad, still trying to figure it out all, but overall very content of the results.

Back in the days, when I read this book, I literally threw the book across the room because I did not like one bit of the end. Then I gave the book away because I did not wanted to know more of it. I was pissed and I had all the good reasons to be. 

Is no secret that I judge books by how they end and also, is no secret that I will always prefer the books with happy every afters. SO even though I knew who this book was going to end (because it is told in the beginning) I had hope that something beautiful was going to come out of it, but no. The end crushed my heart and left me grasping for things that weren't there.

I am telling you this because I knew what I was getting in when I bought the ticket for the movie. I knew how everything was going to go down, AND I STILL WENT. My heart became pieces again. A day has passed and it will pass many more and I will still be left with this feeling of unfinished business. I also remember how bitch was Lindsay, but let's keep going to the praises of the movie.

Everything was so perfectly done that I cannot ask for anything else. Thank you anyone who made this movie and book possible. Guys, read the book and then watch the movie, you'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!