Tuesday, January 3, 2017

[Review] In His Keeping, by: Maya Banks

Slow Burn #2

IN HIS KEEPING

Author: Maya Banks
Publication Date: January 27th, 2015
Read Date: January 3rd, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 435

Abandoned as a baby to a young wealthy couple and raised in a world of privilege, Arial has no hint of her past or who she belonged to. Her only link lies in the one thing that sets her apart from everyone else—telekinetic powers. Protected by her adoptive parents and hidden from the public to keep her gift secret, Ari is raised in the lap of luxury, and isolation. That is, until someone begins threatening her life.

Beau Devereaux is no stranger to the strange. As the head of Deveraux Security, he’s more than familiar with the realities of physic powers. So when a family friend approaches him about protecting his daughter, he’s more than ready to jump on board. What Beau isn’t prepared for is the extent of his attraction to his beautiful and powerful client. What began as a simple assignment, just another job, quickly turns personal as Beau discovers he’ll do anything at all to protect Ari. Even if it costs him his life.

MY RATE


After such a good book, Keep Me Safe, I had to continue the series. This book did not let me down. It is longer than I thought it was going to be and I was a little afraid of reading it, but I did it. I read it all and I enjoyed so much that I really continuing the series after finishing writing this review. This book was even better than the first.

We are thrown back a little in this book. It starts showing us a little background of Arial, aka Ari, who becomes our main character. Ari has psychic powers, telekinesis, and even though she grows up in a wealthy family and being pampered, everything crumbles when her safety is in danger. Her parents get kidnapped and her only hope is Beau. Immediately after Beau notices her existence, he becomes very thrilled of the idea of someone causing her hurt. He swears to protect her and bring back her parents no matter what. You know, love and forever among those lines.

People, this book is pure romance. I'm telling ya and I love every minute of it. Beau is the most, I don't know, less emotional than the others and seeing him break in front of Ari made my heart break a little. Ari's character is totally badass. Better chick cannot she be. Her power is outstanding! You'll see it for yourselves if you read the book.

The book is not entirely romance. There so much action in it. If they are not getting shot at, then Ari's "experimenting" with her powers and exploding things or moving things out of nowhere. I wish I had a power like that, I swear. I would take the nose bleeds and all, I just would love powers. Who wouldn't, really? Anyways, the book was amazing. Five stars those not compare of how many stars I would give it.

   

LAST REVIEW


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!