Sunday, May 1, 2016

[R] Worth It, by: Linda Kage

Worth It
(Forbidden Men #6)
by: Linda Kage

★★★★½

I fell in love once.

It was amazing. She was amazing. Life was amazing.

I lived for each time I could see her, and nothing else mattered, not that our families were enemies, our time together was forbidden, or we had to meet in secret.

Our love could conquer all.

Until it didn't.

So I was ripped away from the love of my life and shoved into hell, forced to continue without her.

It shattered me, broke the best parts of me, left me permanently damaged.
Or so I thought.

Years later, I swear history’s trying to repeat itself because she’s back in my life, and I’m just as drawn to her as I was before. But I'm older and wiser now, and I know she should stay away from a worthless piece of ex-con like me.

So, I will not let her in. I absolutely refuse to hurt her. I will keep her away.

Then again, sometimes risking your greatest fear to get to a smile makes everything worth it, and besides, I’m not sure I can resist her, anyway.

This is the story of how Felicity Bainbridge changed my life forever, starting one summer day long ago after I was forced to change a dirty diaper...

This book came out in August, 2015, and I have been trying to decided if to read it or not since May of that year. So, I read it almost a year later, and I'm asking myself right now how was I such a dumbass. Really. The book was better than I ever hope for.

The story is told in a back and forth sort of way. We go from present day in one chapter to the past in the other, until we catch up with the situation and it keep us in the present. Also, the whole story is told by the two of them, so we know what they really think. Knox Parker and Felicity Bainbridge has something very Shakespearean in their story. Their families hate each other, like really hate their guts. The Parkers blame the Bainbridges of the bastard son of Mercy Parker, which is of one of the Bainbridge brothers and the Bainbridges blame the Parkers of their social slip after that. Knox and Felicity are the misfits of their families. When they met for the first time, they swore sparks flied and they keep meeting each other until the inevitable happens. SIX years later, Felicity doesn't exactly knows what happened and even though she tried to move on, she really hasn't. Knox is out of jail and really doesn't want to search for Felicity, but he doesn't have to, she just sort of appeared out of nowhere in front of him.

I have always had a serious problems when books go to the past in a lot of chapters, like this book. But I really wanted to know and I pushed through my hatred and enjoyed the book. I liked the present as much as I liked the past, and that's a lot to say. The whole story of Knox and City is something that has really happened to people and is sad to see it. The raw story behind Knox knocked me out, because I never thought something that bad happened. But I'm glad he has City and even more glad that he got his head from his ass and finally accepted her. I love, love how everything turned out.

Now, I need my Asher Hart fix, asap. The epilogue of this book left me hanging really bad and ugly. I need more and I certainly need to meet this new girl. The girl will have a lot of secrets and will be very funny to see Asher fall to his knees for a "man", who is really a girl. Ten will not let him live it down, for real. Plus, it was totally refreshing in this book to read about the other characters, so I want to see more of that. Read me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!