Wednesday, May 11, 2016

[R] Taxi, by: Cambria Hebert

Taxi
(Take It Off #11) 
by: Cambria Hebert

★★★★☆

The meter is running…

One night as Rose Crawford steps out of a bar, she gives no second thought to lifting her hand to signal for a cab. After all, it’s the responsible thing to do.

A common occurrence.

Far safer than walking several blocks, alone, in the dark.

A familiar-looking yellow taxi with black, faux-leather seats, running meter on the dash, and a smiling driver pulls up to the curb.

Rose slides in. Gives the driver her address…

But she never reaches her destination.

Instead, she finds herself captive, at the will of a man who isn’t a driver, but a bona fide psychopath.

Trapped in a taxi she can’t escape, Rose begins to panic. As the miles between her and safety grow, hope dwindles. It isn’t until someone else joins her in captivity that her spark of hope is rekindled.

Derek is strong, capable, and surely together they can fight their way to freedom.
Then Rose finds out exactly why she’s been driven into hell. Derek may be an unwilling captive, but he isn’t going to help her.

In fact, he’s there to do the exact opposite.
Let me start saying that I was really confused about the synopsis of this book. I didn't actually understand where everything fit when I read it. It made me wonder if I should read it or not. After reading it, everything clicked, so if you had the same problem as me, give it a chance and read it, you'll understand.

Everything start to happen after a Taxi. Rose needed a Taxi to get to her house, but she never arrived home. The Taxi wanted directions and asked Derek before arriving to his house, he never reached the door. But, why they were kidnapped? What a coincidence that both of them know each other and they like each other from quite some time. What a coincidence that Derek gets kidnapped just before he has a surgery to save his nephew's life. Can Rose trust Derek to save her life?
Be careful who you trust.One lapse in judgement may carry a hefty price tag.
I'm telling you everything clicked. I don't want to bear the spoilers flag, so I'm telling you shit. But what can I do tell you is that Cambria Hebert has risen as an author for me. From the very start of this series to now this last book released, she has become way better. Now, I'm not so patiently waiting for more of her. Her Hashtag series is one of my favorites, so keep in mind to read those. This book blew my mind, because I never thought such a thing was going to happen when I start to read it. This book has the mother of plot twists.

Everything is very well described, the characters are a little flat, but understandable. I liked the book very much and I hope to read more of Take It Off. Guys, read this book and read me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!