Monday, May 30, 2016

[R] Demon Hunting in Dixie, by: Lexy George

Demon Hunting in Dixie
(Demon Hunting #1)
by: Lexy George

★★★★☆

A warrior, a demon, and the girl next door. . .
Looking For Trouble

Addy Corwin is a florist with an attitude. A bad attitude, or so her mama says, 'cause she's not looking for a man. Mama's wrong. Addy has looked. There's just not much to choose from in Hannah, her small Alabama hometown. Until Brand Dalvahni shows up, a supernaturally sexy, breathtakingly well-built hunk of a warrior from--well, not from around here, that's for sure. Mama thinks he might be European or maybe even a Yankee. Brand says he's from another dimension.

Addy couldn't care less where he's from. He's gorgeous. Serious muscles. Disturbing green eyes. Brand really gets her going. Too bad he's a whack job. Says he's come to rescue her from a demon. Puh-lease. But right after Brand shows up, strange things start to happen. Dogs talk and reanimated corpses stalk the quite streets of Hannah. Her mortal enemy Meredith, otherwise known as the Death Starr, breaks out in a severe and inexplicable case of butt boils. Addy might not know what's going on, but she definitely wants a certain sexy demon hunter by her side when it all goes down. . .

Addy hooked her arm through Evie's. "Come on, sweat ball. Let's get you inside."
"Ladies don't sweat. They glow," Evie said primly.
"Well then, you must be radioactive."
I am really really disappointed with the end of this book. I wanted so much more and I got this crappy ending. PLEASE, why didn't you gave me better? I want a feelings refund. I had so much high hopes and everything went to the floor. But, oh, don't hear me complaining because the book was outstanding and I'm just a cry-baby.
"What do you mean Dinky and Officer Curtis took a trip?" Addy eyes him suspiciously. "A trip where?"
"I did not like the way they looked at you. They seemed overheated. I decided a dip in the river might cool them off."
"Brand, you can't go around dumping people in the river."
He raised his brows. "I cannot?"
"No. For starters, what if they don't know how to swim? And don't you think they're going to wonder how they got there and start asking questions?"
"I do not care what they do, as long as they do not look at you like that."
This book came to my hands because the fourth book in this series came out recently, so I decided to read the beginning to see if it was of my interest. The book caught me up really quick and I was stuck reading it until there was no more. Setting: Alabama. So, y'all should be aware of the South slang all over this book. I couldn't laugh harder to all these characters trying not to say a swearing word. Anyways, Addy is our main character, a single lady that want to be far away from dead people, but she makes the flowers of their funerals and a lady that does not believe in anything supernatural, even though is right in front of her face. Brand is that mythological creature that once upon a time was created without feelings and to battle and hunt demons. When Brand and Addy crash... basically everything changes for both of them. Addy has a demon following her behind to kill her and Brand is there to protect her... or maybe to love her. #ThingsThatMakesYouGoHmmm
"Where are you staying tonight, Mr. Dalvahni?" Muddy asked.
"I stay with Adara to protect her from the djegrali."
"That's real nice of you, Mr. Dalvahni."
"I do not stay to be nice. I stay because it is my duty--"
"But, Mama can't find out, Muddy," Addy cautioned, interrupting him. "She'd have a heart attack."
"--and because Adara has promised me hot monkey sex," Brand finished.
"Hot diggity dog," Muddy said.
As I said, I had a fun time reading this book. Everything is so picturesque that makes you want to be there and have fun. Is the South everywhere. The gossipy old ladies, the no-nonsense old men, the slang, the hot weather and of course, the perfect main character being so so hilarious. Do not forget the outsiders that doesn't know yak about what they are saying most of the time. Little old me knows their slang just because I have read a lot of South books, but really the slang of the book is not hard to follow. Most of it is just very funny. Plus the Old English is funny too!
"Huh," Muddy said. "Well, if he's got a little dick that might have something to do with why Meredith is such a sour puss. Think about it. You'd be ornery, too, if you went to bed with a Vienna Sausage."
"Mercy," Bitsy fanned herself. "I'll never be able to look at Trey Peterson again."
"Forget that," Addy said. "I'll never be able to eat another Vienna Sausage."
Overall, I really like the book, but it was a terrible terrible ending. It doesn't have an epilogue and it leaves me hanging for the next story. You ALL know that I hate when a character loses their memories, so I'm sure that I might not life much the next. I am still debating whether or not I should read it. I'll see what to do. But, yeah, if you want to have fun, read this book. The sexy scenes are good and hot too! Read me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!