Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday [32]

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers over at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join! This week Top Ten is...
Top Ten Books That Will Make You Laugh
*not in order*
  • Charley Davidson Series, by: Darynda Jones
“My fore-parts, as you so ineloquently put it, have names.”
I pointed to my right breast. “This is Danger.” Then my left. “And this is Will Robinson. I would appreciate it if you addressed them accordingly.” 
After a long pause in which he took the time to blink several times, he asked, “You named your breasts?”
I turned my back to him with a shrug. “I named my ovaries, too, but they don’t get out as much.”
First Grave to the Right [review here]
  • Wallbanger, by: Alice Clayton
“He was wooing me. And I was letting him woo. I wanted the woo. I deserved the woo. I needed the wow that would surely follow the woo, but for now, the woo? It was whoa.” [review here]
  • Big Rock, by: Lauren Blakely
“This is the end to my Saturday night. My cat has watched me whack off to a vision of my best friend. “Don’t say a word,” I hiss. He looks away, lifting his chin haughtily. But he’ll keep my secret. I’ll keep his, too, the fucking little voyeur.” [review here]
  • Confessions of Georgia Nicholson, by: Louise Rennison
“He said, 'Hi, gorgeous,' which I think is nice. I admire honesty.” 
― On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God [review here]
  • Dear Girls Above Me, by: Charlie McDowell
Dear Girls Above Me, "How do I spell... this word?" Unfortunately, I don't have a visual, but aren't you pointing to it? [review here]
  • Dash & Lily's Book of Dares, by: Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
“I've always resented Hermione, because I wanted to be her so badly and she never seemed to appreciate as much as I thought she should that she got be her. She got to live at Hogwarts and be friends with Harry and kiss Ron, which was supposed to happen to me.” [review here]
  • Darklight, by: Darynda Jones
“If Cameron kidnaps you, kills you, then buries your lifeless body in a shallow grave in the desert where your remains lay decomposing for several decades until they're accidentally discovered by some guy on a journey to awaken his spirit at the Salinas Pueblo Missions, can I have your iMac?"
I gaped at her. "You've really thought this out."
"I love your iMac."
"I love my iMac too, and you're not getting her."
"But you'll be decomposing.”

― Death and the Girl Next Door [review here]
  • Rock Chick, by: Kristen Ashley
“It was like someone in a suit walked up to me and gave me a certificate, which stated “Roxanne Giselle Logan, Your Life is Fucked”.”
― Rock Chick Redemption [review here]
  • Tangled, by: Emma Chase
“Mackenzie raises her hand proudly. “I have a bagina.”
I smirk. “Yes, you do sweetheart. And someday, it’s gonna help you rule the world.”
[review here]
  • Gypsy Healers, by: Quinn Loftis
"... or I'm going to start leading. And let me tell you girls, you know things are bad when everyone has to follow the blind chick."
― Into the Fae [review here]

I got tons of more recs of books that will make you laugh your ass off, but there are my priorities. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!