Sunday, April 10, 2016

[R] Love & Misadventure, by:Lang Leav

Love & Misadventure
by: Lang Leav

★★★★½

Lang Leav is a poet and internationally exhibiting artist. Awarded a coveted Churchill Fellowship, her work expresses the intricacies of love and loss. Beautifully illustrated and thoughtfully conceived, Love and Misadventure will take you on a rollercoaster ride through an ill-fated love affair- from the initial butterflies to the soaring heights- through to the devastating plunge. Lang Leav has an unnerving ability to see inside the hearts and minds of her readers. Her talent for translating complex emotions with astonishing simplicity has won her a cult following of devoted fans from all over the world.


Guys, poetry is not my thing. Never was, never will be. But I found something soothing in read these poems, these words together that left me wanting more.

Her voice is passive and without hurry. Some poems have a voice with a lot of sorrow, others have a bittersweet taste and others are so lovely and happy that I wish to feel that in real life. She talks about falling in love and falling out of it too. How it affects us without our knowledge. The whole book showed me that is hard to face reality, but "destiny" has its own agenda and will have something better for us, like finding love again. But the whole way is a painful one. Watching that person you though it was going to be your one being happy without you is painful. But falling in love again and feel his love is the right cure.

I love, love, love her words! I might even read her other books. I'm sure I will, I swear. There's something of her words that allure me to keep reading. Everyone says poetry is beautiful, but it isn't until now that I can finally see it. See some excerpts of the books... pieces of poems that I loved:

Neither here,
nor there,
but everywhere.

"Do you love me?" I ask.
In your hesitation I found my answer.


Everyone has one—an inventory of lost things waiting to be found. Yearning to be acknowledge for the worth they once held in your life.

Everything that we once were,
is now a sad and lonely verse.


You were like a dream,
I wish I hadn't
slept through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!