Wednesday, April 27, 2016

[R] Appealed, by: Emma Chase

Appealed
(The Legal Briefs #3)
by: Emma Chase

★★★★☆

When Brent Mason looks at Kennedy Randolph, he doesn’t see the awkward, sweet girl who grew up next door. He sees a self-assured, stunning woman…who wants to crush the most intimate - and prized - parts of his anatomy beneath the heels of her Christian Louboutins.

Brent has never let the loss of his leg in a childhood accident affect his ability to lead a fulfilling life. He sets high goals–and then he reaches them.

And now he has his sights set on Kennedy.

When Kennedy looks at Brent Mason, all she sees is the selfish, Abercrombie & Fitch catalogue-worthy teenager who humiliated her in high school to join the popular crowd. A crowd that made those years a living hell.

She’s not a lovesick social outcast anymore - she’s a DC prosecutor with a long winning streak behind her. Brent is the opposing attorney in her next case and she thinks it’s time to put him through a little hell of his own.

But things aren’t exactly working out that way.

Because every fiery exchange has her wondering if he’s as passionate in the bedroom as he is in the courtroom. Each argument and objection only makes him want her more. In the end, Brent and Kennedy may just find themselves in love…or in contempt of court.

I do not understand why I was dreading reading this book. It was just as hilarious as the others, so what gives? I think it was my perspective of Brent in the other books that made me want of maybe not read his book. But I went blindly, and I came out more colors in the rainbow. I like the book a lot!

Two already down, Stanton and Jake, the only one missing was Brent. The fucker had to fall to his knees for a woman and that was Kennedy. If you go to the past, these two have known each other almost forever. Brent was very in love with her and she with him, but high school happens and bullies are the worst kind of villains. Kennedy and Brent broke each other's hearts and years later they found themselves in the same court but in different positions. Once again, their love bloom and Brent is sure as fuck that this time around he will not let Kennedy go.

Brent is just like Stanton, they have the biggest funniest thoughts ever about everything and anything at all. They are like philosophers, but without the PhD. They are the gods of a rare religion. And even these two with Jake, they live for their women. I like Kennedy, her character is just badass, like Sofía. She can take all the Mafia to jail... twice. So, really, badass is the perfect description for her. But Brent is the MVP of this book.

You want to laugh? Read these books ASAP. I am not kidding. Emma Chase's books are to laugh at loud and be called crazy by those who watch us read. They are the kind of books that don't make us fall in a reading slump, but take us out of one. I really like her books, so I think I will keep reading them if more come out. So... read me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!