Sunday, April 3, 2016

[Double Review] #Junkie & #Rev, by: Cambria Hebert

(GearShark #1 & #2)
by: Cambria Hebert

★★★★★

Drew Forrester is a total adrenaline junkie.
His high of choice?
Cars.
The faster, the better.
He’s been making waves in Maryland’s underground racing circuit since he crossed the state line, and after speaking with him, we know he’s not hitting the brakes anytime soon.
So what exactly does it take to burn rubber and make a name for yourself in a world where the only rule is there are no rules?
You gotta be hungry…
You gotta have balls…
And you can never back down.
What’ve we learned here at GearShark?
Drew is all of the above.
We also know he’s got some secrets buried under his hood.
Secrets we think are loaded with octane and just might set the world of cars on fire.
-------------------
Trent Mask puts the REV in revolution.
A line has been drawn.
Indie vs Pro

Here at GearShark, we’re straddling that line to bring you exclusive coverage of what some have dubbed the war of racing. Every war starts with a spark and ends in revolution. Drew Forrester was the spark, but his second-in-command is the REVolution. What does it take to stand brave in the face of opposition? Resolve of steel… Stubborn will… And a heart that refuses to give up.

It isn’t just the drivers in this war. The revolution is about more than just racing. It’s about shattering labels and taking risks. So we asked Trent Mask: Truth or Dare?

His answer?
Both.

You really really don't know how much I have been waiting for these two to come out. When #Junkie came out, I was sure that I was going to dive in and read it, but I heard that it has a cliff, so I stopped my tracks. I waited until #Rev came out and I got both in my hands, I couldn't stop, and when I knew it had a happy ending. It was done. I was going to read it. I did and now I still want more.
Even drunk out of my mind and sick enough to puke up everything inside me, I hadn't been able to wipe it from my memory. 
Turns out I hadn't barfed up everything. 
There was still something left inside me. 
Feelings.
Back in the Hashtag series, I knew these two had something going on, but none of them want to work it out. Now, that we can finally read their thoughts... It was just a matter of them that these two jump to each other boners (er... bones?). Told by both of their POVs, we see how their love life escalated little by little, until it isn't little anymore, but bigger than the sun. Their first fear was acting their feelings to each other, but their biggest fear is what others will think. When the bomb explode, what will be left for them?
My name is Drew Forrester.
I'm pretty sure I'm in love with my best friend.
Who's a guy.
I really love that Cambria ventured this type of writing. M/M Romance is not easy to write when you haven't actually done something like that, right? But she made it so perfect that you don't have a doubt that she knows what she is talking about. Plus, I have always love all the love she puts in her words. How romantic every little detail is. I love ALL her scenes. #Trew is definitely one of biggest ships of the year and I'm very happy to say that everything end better than expected.
"There's a lot of shit I like about you, Forrester," I spoke. "But right now, my favorite is when I stare into your eyes, you stare right back."
"I see you, Trent," he answered.
"Even if I went blind right now, I'd still see you," I echoed.
The side of his mouth curved up. "Always gotta one-up me, don't ya, frat boy?"
Still, there are things that were left out for future books. It would be a understatement if I told you I'm desperately waiting for more books to come out. Now, that the story of #Trew end well, I just want more of other characters like Arrow, Joey and Lorhaven. I need more. Plus, I want to know how the NRR (New Revolution Racing) will turn out and mostly, who will win the battle at the end.
"If I got rid of my demons, I'd lose my angels, too."
I think Cambria has a bigger challenge now, she has to make more perfect stories. So, I'm buckling up and hanging for my dear life on this racing competition, things are gonna get tricky for now on. I will cheer for Drew to win, but if she makes me fall in love with Arrow or Lorhaven, the competition will be tough. If you read Hashtag, be sure to read this series, and even if you don't and you love romance, read these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!