Saturday, March 5, 2016

[R] Staus Update, by: Annabeth Albert

Status Update
(#gaymers #1)
by: Annabeth Albert

★★★★★

Adrian Gottlieb is winning at life. He's a successful video game designer with everything a man could ask for, including a warm comfy ride to Denver and a date for his sister's wedding. But he finds himself in need of a total reboot when he's left stranded at a snowy campground in Utah. Holiday plans? Epic fail.

That is until Noah Walters offers him shelter for the night and a reluctant cross-country ride. Nothing about the ultraconservative geoarchaeologist should attract Adrian, but once he discovers Noah's hidden love for video games, the two connect on a new level. Soon, a quiet but undeniable chemistry sparks.

Something doesn't add up, though. As the miles accumulate and time runs out, Noah must face the most difficult choice of his life. Meanwhile, Adrian must decide whether he's ready to level up. Is their relationship status worth fighting for, or has this game ended before it's even begun?

my thoughts

This book hooked me from the moment I saw someone else on goodreads wanted to read it. I click on it, didn't even read the blurb and I was gone. I read it in just one sitting and I regret nothing. This book was seriously good and beyond.

These two characters don't have much in common at first glance, but later on we see bits and pieces of how much Noah fits inside Adrian's life. I mean, they are really for each other, but do you think they know that at the beginning. Nope. Adrian is an introvert and extrovert at the same time. He works making videogames, so he knows much about living only indoors. But he has a huge family and he can swing by them like a pro. Noah is a full-on introvert and actually huge crowds scare him. Both men are gay, but as you may imagine, Adrian is totally out with it and Noah is inside the closet. So many factors are against Noah. Such as his mind, his religion, his job and he thinks that his family will never be happy with it. Both of them, not caring what happens outside, they stay indoors and love each other... at least, until everything blows back in Noah's face.

The story is totally good. I never thought that a few pages would have such a good story. I love every thing about it. It wasn't fast, it wasn't boring. It was slow, and burning like a candle until you are left with the precious smell of remembering how good it was. I really like the book. I keep recommending books I like, so what? Read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!