Monday, February 15, 2016

REVIEWING A BINGE READING: Alexa Riley!

Do you ever wonder if you should review short stories or novellas? I am always wondering that. If the story was really good and I can write a lot of it, then why not? But sometimes you like the story and that was it, nothing that important. So, recently I been reading some novellas from one author and I just cannot stop reading her words AND I'm making this post to dedicate it to those stories.

Alexa Riley
★★★☆☆
Coach (Breeding #1)

Retiring from the NFL was the right decision, and at thirty years old, I've done things most people could only dream of. After all I've accomplished, coaching high school football should be easy...but when you've got a distraction in the form of a nerdy girl with curves, things can get complicated.

She's a student, she's barely legal, and she's my best friend’s daughter.

I didn't know what desire was until Megan. I had no idea obsession could drive someone insane, until I saw her. I wasn't prepared for the fact that once I laid eyes on Megan my life would really begin.

I have to have her, no matter what the cost. I have to breed her and bind her to me so tightly she can't ever get away. She'll be mine, even if I have to take her.

★★★★★
PS... You're Mine

Katie Lovely signs up her class for a project, writing letters to Marines serving overseas, but a calculation error means she has to participate along with the class.

She isn’t prepared for what happens after she gets the first letter.

Sergeant Major Mark Gunner is serving his last tour and looking forward to getting out of the Marines. When he gets a letter that captures his heart, everything suddenly changes.

Their worlds connect and letters flow, creating a love unlike any other.

But when their time is up and the letters stop, will his claim remain?

★★★★★
Snow And Mistletoe

Noelle's voice has captivated Alex, and she's become his greatest obsession. Since he hired her to read audiobooks, listening to her is the only thing that makes his lonely world bearable. Thank God she's never seen him. His scars would only scare her away.

Alex has starred in every fantasy Noelle's had since she first heard his voice over the phone, and reading erotica samples to him only fuels her desire. Listening to him on the other end of the phone is the best part of her day, and she's willing to do anything to please him.

On Christmas Eve a storm comes through, sending Noelle in search of her reclusive boss. Once she's at his cabin with no place to go, there's only one way to keep warm.

★★★★☆
Owning the Beast

When Annabella Blanca finds herself on the doorstep of her new home, she is terrified, yet hopeful of what her new life will be.

Griffin Stone has locked himself away from the world. One minor mix-up, and all his carefully built walls come crashing down.

When love finds its way in to even the darkest of hearts, will it be enough to stand the greatest tests? Can beauty own the beast?


★★★★☆
My New Step-Dad

I shouldn't want him, but I do.

I've got one week to get through until my mother’s estate clears, and then I'll be free to go.

All I've got to do is keep my hands off my new step-dad, Bruce. But that's easier said than done.

I shouldn't want her, but I do.

I can't remember the last time I touched a woman. Heck, I can't remember the last time I touched myself. But ever since little Sophie showed up, I can't think of anything but claiming her.

Forbidden love and secret obsessions will have you begging for the climax.
★★★★☆
The Virgin Duet

A gorgeous, obsessive, billionaire alpha.

A curvy, sassy bombshell from the wrong side of the tracks.

Both virgins...

When Becs and Bray make an arrangement, they have no idea what it will lead to - sexual desires and lust that cannot be contained.

Will Bray let chaos rule his perfect world?

Will Becs let love into her cold heart?

Will Kindles ignite from the sexual heat? There's only one way to find out...



overall thoughts


I have to admit that reading these I received what the author said I was going to receive. Alexa Riley is two sassy friends who got together and wrote some dirty books. They are both married moms of two who love football, donuts, and obsessed book heroes. They specialize in insta-love, over-the-top, sweet, and cheesy love stories that don’t take all year to read. If you want something SAFE, short, and always with a happily ever after, then Alexa Riley is for you! I, personally, treat them as one author, so yeah.

My best friend read the Breeding series and told me that they were so good and she didn't know what I was waiting to read them. So, I read Coach. I like it and that was it. I wanted more, but I couldn't keep reading things that weren't school related, so I left the series hanging. Then today, it was the day. I read, not the rest of the series, but some of her stand-alones. Starting in PS... You're Mine had me pumping for more! So I literary read all the books of her that I could. Leaving me begging to have just one of those men. Jeez... panty splash thanks to them.

My favorite so far is PS... You're Mine because it was SUPER sweet. But My New Step-Dad is close behind, but I kind of wanted more of them. I loved the drama of The Virgin Duet and hellooo a man who is virgin, is like give it to me now. Owning the Beast and Snow and Mistletoe were good Beaty and the Beast retellings and HOT.

If you want something SHORT, SWEET, HOT and with a happily ever after. READ HER BOOKS. They are super good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!