Sunday, February 14, 2016

Book to Movie [3]

The 5th Wave
(book - movie)


Book Author: Rick Yancey
Book Published: May 7th, 2013

Movie Director: J. Blakeson
Movie Released: January 22th, 2016

I have ALWAYS said that books are really hard to translate to a screen and adding every single detail, but there are a few exceptions. The 5th Wave is clearly one of them.

The book came out three years ago and I read it just a year ago. I loved every single thing about it. The whole thing about aliens, surviving scenes and a kick-ass female character. Cassie is simply the best! And Chloe Grace Moretz clearly made her justice. The whole film was perfect. As I said, translating a book to a screen is no easy job, but this production made a badass job. They translated as much as they could and the product was simply perfect.

Characters such as Ben Parish and Evan Walker were the best too! I mean such hoties they are. But I was kind of disturbed that a triangle story may came out of these three (hoping not). I haven't read the second book yet, but I'm really really hoping there is NO love triangle. Cassie + Evan ALL THE WAY. Plus, Ben can have Ringer all to himself, right?

Another cheers to the scenes of the waves! HOLY SHIT. The scenes were just how I imagined them. They showed the whole world to let you know that the waves did not only happened in US, but in the WHOLE world. People should understand that, ok? The flashback scenes of when everything was normal... GOOD. They were a good cameo and I approve.

So... the next step is to keep reading the series, because the third and last book is coming soon and it may be the shit. I already have my copy of The Infinite Sea, so I need the movie soon after, right? Go ahead, people! Give me the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!