Saturday, January 16, 2016

[Series Review] Happenstance, by: Jamie McGuire

by: Jamie McGuire

Overall: ★★★★☆

hap·pen·stance
/ˈhapənˌstans/
noun
          coincidence.
          "it was just happenstance that I happened to be there"

The whole story is in based a happenstance, which I define it as a happy coincidence. I knew the existence of these books before they were released, and I told myself (like every time) that when the series was completed, I was going to read it. Almost two years later, here I am. It was such a happenstance! I was looking for something sweet, romantic and with a happy ending. I got my wish. I keep telling myself that everything is a happy coincidence.

I saw the books on my TBR pile on goodreads, and I thought why not. Then I read the blurb and everything clicked. I had to read it. I did and I got no regrets. I definitely like it. A lot. I even felt her annoyance about other people having your same name in your class. Erin Easter has always been bullied (another thing I can compare myself to) by Erin A. and Erin M. But that is not all. Once upon a time, they were the best friends and something happened that made them enemies. But Easter doesn't know. When a boy, named Weston, gets into the equation, everything changes. An horrible accident happens and we wonder if that, too, is a happy coincidence.

Later on, things become better (and worse) for Erin Easter. New boyfriend. New family. New life. But a LOT of secrets that want to tear her apart. Weston loves her. Like L-O-V-E-S her. I fell in love with him and all his speeches. They are swoon worthy! Graduation is near, College life is near and everything can change in a blink of an eye. What happens now? Well... another happy coincidence, of course!

I'm telling you, this story is full of coincidences. Some might been in favor of Easter, others not so much. I really loved the books. Maybe I wanted something a little bit longer and less faster, but overall it was a perfect read in time of need. You want something sweet and happy? Read these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!