Sunday, January 10, 2016

[R] Sweet Nothing, by: Jamie McGuire & Teresa Mummert

Sweet Nothing
by: Jamie McGuire & Teresa Mummert

★★★★★

It is enough to break any man: watching what could have been my future slip away before it was ever in my grasp.The possibility of losing someone I loved, before she was even mine, is something I never would have imagined. Certainly nothing I'd ever wish on anyone. I go to her every day and wait. Wait for the impossible, for a sign, for her to look at me ... hoping sinners are granted miracles, too.

Just one glimpse of him was all it took. In the next lane, at a stop light, was the man I would fall in love with and marry. People talk about the kind of love that takes time--love you fall in to. We were more like a crash and burn, and when our lives intertwined I would never be the same. He was the man I would cherish the rest of my life, who would father my children. In an instant our life together began, and in an instant it would end. The late nights; the excuses; the lies. And in the blink of an eye, it was like we never were.

my thoughts


Have you had the feeling that something terrible might happen in any second while reading a book? And then in the moment you least expect it, happens. But it wasn't what you were imagining, it was actually worse. And you feel like screaming to yourself, because you knew something cruel was going to happened? What is left is too keep reading, to see if the author(s) will give you a happy ending. And when you finished you are left empty like... a sweet nothing.

Let me tell you. Those feelings are what I felt while reading this whole book. I knew it was going to crush my heart, but I still went all aboard with this book. Don't get me wrong, I love it. But it was so painful at some point that I just wanted to cry. I had the biggest headache, but my heartache wanted to continue the book to see if the problem was going to be resolve. And then there was nothing, a sweet and awfully nothing.

I'm NOT going to spoil you anything at all, but how I felt can give you a hint of what went down. The love story was so gorgeous that makes you want one for yourself. How sweet he was. How brokenhearted she made you feel. How the whole story leave thinking in nothing and everything at all.

This is a book that you should read. It gives you a glimpse of how life can be, how can it change in a second, how hurtful can it be, but how sweet can become. Just read it like it is happening to you. Read it and maybe, no matter how much feels you get, you'll not regret it. Because, trust me, I don't.

"When you think you know what's happening, you're only half way there."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!