Wednesday, January 13, 2016

[R] Grounded, by: RK Lilley

Grounded
(Up in the Air #3)
by: RK Lilley

★★★★☆

James and Bianca’s story draws to a close in the explosive conclusion to the Up In The Air Trilogy.

After a short but earnest courtship, Bianca can no longer deny her feelings for James, and though she’s tried her hardest, she can’t help but see that he cares deeply for her, as well. In a completely uncharacteristic move, she has put aside her misgivings and agreed to live with the enigmatic billionaire. Is her leap of faith the beginning of something wonderful, or is it too much, too fast?

As James and Bianca feel a growing need for each other that neither can deny, circumstances beyond their control intervene, trying to tear them apart. Amidst the ever mounting threat of a monster who wants Bianca dead, and the constant pitfalls of an indiscreet past that James can’t seem to escape, can these two passionate lovers manage to find their happily ever after?

my thoughts

Basically, this book deserves the four stars because of the end. But overall, it was a three stars read for me. I love the characters, the story and the hot streamy scenes, but everything together seem a little blah for me.

In this book we are introduced to other people. But I was totally fangirling when I saw Tristan and then later, Danika. Those two poor souls need redemption and I will find their story in the coming books I will read. Same will happen to Lana. I know they end up together, but her story is something worthy to read. In this whole book I was fangirling for other characters more than the main of this story. Like, Stephen and Javier (still the MVPs, to be fair). Those two were the freaking best ALL the time!

At the beginning of the book, everything was bland, slow, but sweet. At the end, it began to pick up, but then everything was over and the epilogue was up. I have to admit that I like James in this book very much. He was even lovelier than the last book. AND Bianca was a little less dumb, but still dumb because if you hear gunshots outside, what would you do? Go outside? NOOOO. But that is what she did. I'm telling you, she is a dumbass sometimes. Except the time that she trashed Jules in the toilet. I laughed so hard that I cried. Literally. I told you Bianca was a little less dumbass.

Overall, the book was good. But I'm so into reading the other books that I will let this book slide. Plus, I think, this series was the first one for the author. I have read her lastest books and they were amazing. So, let's see how the stories of Lana, Tristan, Danika and Pete turns out. Should you read this series? Problably not, but yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!