Thursday, December 17, 2015

[R] We Were Liars, by: E. Lockhart

We Were Liars
by: E. Lockhart

★★★☆

A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.

We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from National Book Award finalist and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart.
Read it.
And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE.

I can not believe how this book end, period. That was my reaction just after finishing it. I have to admit that I was very bored when I began this book, but then I couldn't stop me from reading it in one sitting at my lunch break at work. I didn't think I was going to get so wrapped up in it and cry myself to sleep after the end. Overall, good read.
“We are liars. We are beautiful and privileged. We are cracked and broken.”
The story is told by Candence "Cady" Sinclair. Her story spins around her mother's family, their pride, money and situtations that lead Cady to suffer migraines and not fools. But their is a thing... She doesn't remember the whole story after the accident and for her own good, no one wants to tell her. She has four weeks to know what happened in summer fifteen, even though two years passed. Will the Liars help her or do what they always do... lie? Is a slow-fast story told by someone who feels too much but doens't remember well.
“There is not even a Scrabble word for how bad I feel.”
Characters. I hated Candence, but I loved the way the describes everything. The comparisons are the best. I loved Gat, but I hated how much he didn't tell. I hated Mirren, but I like how much she wanted to help and no one let her. I loved Jon, but I hated how much of a jerk he was. I hated Cady's grandpa, but I loved how lovely he was. I loved Cady's mom, but I hated that she never wanted to tell anything, even though it was to spare Cady the broken heart. I hated Cady's aunts, period, even though they were suffering, they were bitches. I loved Cady's little cousins, but I hated they were a pain in the ass. Are you seeing my love and hate relationship?
“Silence is a protective coating over pain.”
As I said, the book is a good read, like a very good one. I'm glad I pushed myself to pick this one up and I'm glad I gave this book away to my secret santa, because I know she will love it. Sad tears will fall, but at end love will conquer the heart.
Liars' mottos;
Gat - “Do not accept an evil you can change.”Cady - “Always do what you're afraid to do.”Mirren - “Be a little kinder than you have to.”Jon - “Never eat anything bigger than your ass.”
Live by them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!