Thursday, May 21, 2015

[R] A to Z, by: Marie Sexton

A to Z 
(Coda Books #2) 
by: Marie Sexton

★★★★★

Zach Mitchell is stuck in a rut. His college boyfriend left him ten years ago, but Zach still lives in the same apartment, drives the same car, and feeds his ex-boyfriend's ungrateful cat. His Denver business, A to Z Video Rental, is struggling. He has annoying customers, eccentric neighbors, and an unfulfilling romance with his landlord, Tom. A combat boot-wearing punk with an attitude, Angelo Green was raised in foster homes and has been on his own since he was sixteen; he has never learned to trust or to love. He doesnt do relationships, so when Angelo takes a job at A to Z Video, he decides Zach is strictly off-limits. Despite their differences, Zach and Angelo quickly become friends, and when Zachs break-up with Tom puts his business on the line, its Angelo who comes up with a solution. Together with Jared and Matt, their friends from Coda, Colorado, Zach and Angelo will find a way to save A to Z, but will they be able to save each other too?


my thoughts

After reading twice the first book (Promises) of this series, I ask myself why I did not continue the series? Damn, I was wrong then. I thought that maybe the other books weren't going to be good as the first, but damn (again) I was wrong. This book was just as perfect as the first one!

Let me explain a little. This book does NOT follow the story of the first book, but you will see the characters at some point and you will be happy because they are happy. Now, this story follows the story of Zach and Angelo. They live one hour or so away from Coda (but SPOILER they end there at the middle of the book). Zach owns a movie rental store and he hates it, but there was nothing more for him after his last boyfriend left him with only his cat to remember him. After some pages (exactly 13), we meet Tom and the relationship between Zach and Tom escalated quickly. After a while, we meet Angelo. Zach and Ang hit it off really good. Angelo begins working for Zach, but there is more there (at least in Angelo's pov).
“Hey, Angelo?"
"What?"
"You wanna hang out some time?"
"You Think I got nothin' better to do?"
"It was just a thought, never mind."
"Yeah."
"Yeah, what?"
"Yeah I wanna hang out some time, see you tomorrow Zach.” 
You can actually see that friendship escalating a little bit, right? Well, I did, but there was this issue called Tom. And damn I hate him. Zach wouldn't understand that Tom was bad news and Angelo didn't want to say anything about it to him. After a while, Zach noticed and well, they got the hell out of there and went to Coda. Do you see where this is going? The only problem was Angelo. He was always between wanting to be with Zach or wanting to be alone. I was pissed (a little), but the end was perfect. When Angelo finally knows that there isn't anything better than Zach being the home he always needed.

These stories (including the first book) have such sweetness, such drama and such hot scenes that I definitely devored them. I was going directly to read the next book, but other one needs more attention... or maybe I can read both of them? Ugh. Anyways, I really recommend these books. I popped my cherry of MM romance with the first and certainly I wouldnt wish for another better than that one. I'm telling to read this book, like ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!