Thursday, March 12, 2015

[R] How The Wolf Lost Her Heart, by: Sarah Brownlee

How The Wolf Lost Her Heart
by: Sarah Brownlee

★★★★★

Set against the backdrop of a dystopian London where thugs and criminals run rife, Skye Archer possesses a rare gift, the ability to transform into her spirit animal at will. Widely regarding her morphing ability as a curse, Skye's aim is to keep it a secret at all costs. But one day she meets the intriguing and affluent, Raphael Renzo, who soon proves to have a secret of his own, one that could heal the downtrodden city and affect Skye in ways she never thought possible...

This debut novel from author, Sarah Brownlee, is a compelling and gripping read, taking the reader into a world where both the heart of a city and the heart of a girl are simultaneously pierced by one man.

my thoughts


I love every second of it. I began the book something around 8pm and finish it just before midnight. It compelled me, made me read it until the end in just one sitting. I picked up after reading a review of it, and its worth reading it. I have some little issues with it, but the book was so lovely overall... I just love it.

It's a dystopian London. War broke a while ago and almost destroy the whole city. Plus someone began to experiment with humans and their animal spirits until those humans actually became animals. Skye is a descended relative of one of them, so is Raphael. Eventhough they don't know each other, they clicked the first time they laid eyes on each other. Love between a wolf and a tiger is unknown, but these two have something more deeper. After the war, London is no ones land and the peace they sign off may come to an end and soon.

My only issue with the whole book is that it keeps talking about this war that will come and when it finally going to happen the book ends. I hated that, because I want to see the action! But, like I said, overall the book is super lovely and sweet. I wish I could be a wolf, hahaha. I wanted more of this story, plus imagining something like this in London is rare for me. Still, I recommend the book!

2 comments:

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!