Thursday, February 26, 2015

[R] Her Dark Curiosity, by: Megan Shepherd

Her Dark Curiosity
(The Madman's Daughter #2)
by: Megan Shepherd

★★★★★

To defeat the darkness, she must first embrace it.

Months have passed since Juliet Moreau returned to civilization after escaping her father's island—and the secrets she left behind. Now, back in London once more, she is rebuilding the life she once knew and trying to forget Dr. Moreau’s horrific legacy—though someone, or something, hasn’t forgotten her.

As people close to Juliet fall victim one by one to a murderer who leaves a macabre calling card of three clawlike slashes, Juliet fears one of her father’s creations may have also escaped the island. She is determined to find the killer before Scotland Yard does, though it means awakening sides of herself she had thought long banished, and facing loves from her past she never expected to see again.

As Juliet strives to stop a killer while searching for a serum to cure her own worsening illness, she finds herself once more in the midst of a world of scandal and danger. Her heart torn in two, past bubbling to the surface, life threatened by an obsessive killer—Juliet will be lucky to escape alive.

With inspiration from Robert Louis Stevenson’s The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, this is a tantalizing mystery about the hidden natures of those we love and how far we’ll go to save them from themselves.

my thoughts


I was very sure this book wasn't going to let me down and it DIDNT. I'm so glad that I did not wait much to read it, because I love every second of it. I did fight a lot with Juliet character, but we made friends at the end. After that awful end from the first book, this book gave me the best and the end was  not that bad. Its totally a win win situation!
“No serum can change who you are. Nor should you change. Genius or madness--it al depends on who's telling the story.”
We are, once again, seeing the story behind Juliet eyes and I really wished for something more, but it didn't came. As I said, I had some fights with Juliet in how she saw things and what she done in some times. She is back in London, and almost everything is back to normal. She is now in the high society again because some professor (who was her fathers friend back in the days) found her and took her as a daughter. He gave her anything she would like, but everything she wanted was Montgomery James and he was in the past, in the island where she chose to be. In some sort of twisted events, Edward in back, then James and Balthazar is back too and then everything went from dark to darkest. Things aren't as everyone thought and the King's Men aren't some professors group... is a society trying to do what Juliet's father did and even more. What they really want? Edward. And to find him, Juliet is the key. But Montgomery is searching for him too, to kill him. What will Juliet do? How this story will conclude?
“Call it sentimentality. Call it curiosity. Just don't call it madness.” 
I'm sure you know this story doesn't end here and that the story goes more twisted that this. I know, you know, everyone is their sane mind knows. But no one in this story is sane, and that is what make her the best. Just as the first book, this one brings more romance, even darkest secrets and guess what? FRANKENSTEIN! I mean... he doesn't appear, but he is some very far away relative of one of the characters (not Juliet) and its totally awesome. I love how the story kept growing and the romance too. We see more of Lucy and not just as a royalty child, but as a very smart woman. We meet new characters and then the author kill them. I cried in this book for a character so bad that it makes me think there is something very wrong in me. I met him just for 50 pages, then died and I cried like if it was my father who did.
“Flesh, blood, bone--the body is only a container for who we truly are inside.”
I will keep recommending this series to anyone who would like to read them and even if you don't want to read them, you should. Its that good. No more words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!