Saturday, February 14, 2015

[R] Emerald Green, by: Kersten Gier

Emerald Green
(The Ruby Red Trilogy #3)
by: Kersten Gier

★★★★★

Gwen has a destiny to fulfill, but no one will tell her what it is. She’s only recently learned that she is the Ruby, the final member of the time-traveling Circle of Twelve, and since then nothing has been going right. She suspects the founder of the Circle, Count Saint-German, is up to something nefarious, but nobody will believe her. And she’s just learned that her charming time-traveling partner, Gideon, has probably been using her all along. Emerald Green is the stunning conclusion to Kerstin Gier's Ruby Red Trilogy, picking up where Sapphire Blue left off, reaching new heights of intrigue and romance as Gwen finally uncovers the secrets of the time-traveling society and learns her fate.

my thoughts

FINALLY! I finish this trilogy and it was not a let down. I was having my thoughts in if I love it or not, and I certainly like it very much. What I loved was THIS book. Basically my favorite one, because there is so much happening and I understood everything, which is a surprise.
“You mean he's not afraid of me because I'm a woman? He ought to see Tomb Raider sometime. For all he knows, I could have a nuclear bomb under my dress and a hand grenade in each cup of my bra. I call it antifeminist!”
Like the one before, this book follows automatically after the last scene. That last book certainly broke our hearts, but leave us with a hopefull heart after the epilogue. Now, the prologue of this book wasn't that confusing as the last two books. We meet a brokenhearted Gwen and Leslie trying to mend it by telling her how wrong she must be. Gwen spirits lift up, but not to high and they are let down after talking again with Gideon, he telling her if they can be friends. Such a douch move, I know. BUT after a while pieces begin to fall in their right places, secrets begin to reveal itself and the end begin to form in a happy way.
"When you kiss me, Gwyneth, I feel I'm losing touch with the ground. I don't know how you do it or where you learn the trick of it. If it was from a film, well, we just have to go and see it together." He stopped for a moment. "What I really want to say is, when you kiss me, all I want is to feel you and hold you in my arms. Hell, I'm so in love with you that it feels like someone had emptied a can of gasoline somewhere inside me and set fire to it! But right now, we can't... we have to keep a cool head. Or one of us, anyway." The look he gave me finally out an end to my doubts. "Gwenny, all this terrifies me. Without you, there'd be no sense in my life anymore... I'd want to die if anything happened to you."
This was my OTP in the whole trilogy and just thinking they were going to sink, was not funny. But now, that I read the whole book and the end. I'm terribly happy after that end. I'd wish for more, but it was ok how it ended. If I was totally lost in the last two books, this one made me see straigh and I was very grateful for it. Like I said, I love it very much and I have the books with me, so I may re-read them some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!