Friday, January 23, 2015

[R] Startled by His Furry Shorts, by Louise Rennison

Startled by His Furry Shorts
(Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #7)
by: Louise Rennison



On the rack of romance. And also in the oven of luuurve.

Woe is Georgia: Dave the Laugh has declared his love for her (at least she thinks he was talking about her), and she has finally given Masimo an ultimatum to be her one and only and he has to think about it. And will she ever be able to stop thinking about the Sex God plucking his guitar strings of loveosity?


my thoughts

SEX BUM, SEX BUM, I'M A SEX BUM! Yes, that's a Libby's quote, but stealing it for my own purpuse. I finsh this book with my mouth fully open and laughing my ass off. Georgia Nicolson has done it once again!
“What shall I say? I must tread a fine line between glaciosity and friendlinosity. With just a hint of 'you don't know what you are missing, my fine-feathered friend.”
The best advicer in the whole world is NOT Georgia, so please if you read these books do not do anything that its written. She is trouble. She is stupid. She isn't a good example. BUT she is funny as some funny thing. The best advicer in this whole book is, er... I dunno maybe if you combine Jas with Dave the Laugh you will have one, but definitely not only one of them.
“Here is my recipe for a mood enhancer. Take a friend, preferably one with a really annoying fringe and outsize pants, and when she is rambling on swiftly, push her into a ditch and run away.”
Talking about friends, Jas is clearly the best ones of them. No matter how annoying and bulling Georgia is with her, she always be there. As a matter of fact, Georgia did threw Jas into a ditch and ran way, after that Jas tried to ignored her, but she forgave her later on. Other good friend is Rosie, a little bit on the crazy side, but always in the mood to make laugh Georgia every time she is down because of a boy. Last, but not least, is Dave the Laugh. He, from what I can read, is totally in love with Georgia from day one. He does have tell that to her, but she didn't listen, so she treats him like a mate (and sometimes they snog each other). The good thing about him is that he is always for her, when the cries, whenever she needs help or an advise. Dave the Laugh is the best, but I think Georgia isn't good for him after all she have been doing to him (like breaking his heart).
“Libby carried on singing and wiggling around in Mum's arm, and then Mum noticed me. Being in my bedroom.
"What are you up to, Georgia? Why are you in here?"
I said, "Not that anyone notices, but this is actually my room. You know, for me to be in. I was in bed, as it happens."
Mum said as she went out, "Oh you must be sooo tired, all that lip gloss and mascara to carry round all day."
Vair vair amusing. Not.”
I like this book, because I can actually see Georgia growing up a bit. I can see how the months have come and go, and not everything is the same. Things change, people are growing up and I'm noticing things that I didn't saw, like Dave the Laugh's love for G. I will not talk of Masimo, because I just think he is a player. I will not talk about Robbie because he did the wrong choice. The wrong choice was going away, it was dumping her. He was going for a year, so they could have a long distance relationship. Ugh, guys and his ideas. BUT NOW ROBBIE IS BACK! And I don't know what to think about that. Do your viking bison disco inferno dance and read these books, people!
“HOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!