Friday, January 9, 2015

[R] On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God, by Louise Rennison

On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God
(Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #2)
by: Louise Rennison

4 of 5 stars

What is the matter with my life? Why is it so deeply unfab?

It's a day and a half now since I snogged the Sex God…
I think I have snog withdrawal. My lips keep puckering up…
I tried snogging the back of my hand, but it's no good…
It's been over a week. I wonder if it's my nose…
I have a HUGE nose that means I have to live for ever in the Ugly Home.

my thoughts
“He said, 'Hi, gorgeous,' which I think is nice. I admire honesty.”
So, once again Georgia Nicolson made laugh a lot with her occurences. I swear that I would ditch this book if it wasn't for all the stupid and funny things she said, because the story perse is boring.
“She got up and started making her hair have more bouncability with the air brush thing again. I waited until she had got it just right (in her opinion); then I hit her over the head with a pillow. She started to say, "Look, this is not funn-" but before she could finish I hit her over the head again with the pillow. And every time she tried to talk I did it again. She got all red-faced, which in Jas's case is very red indeed. It made me feel much better. Violence may be the answer to the world's problems. I may write to the Dalai Lama and suggest he tries my new approach.”
She is a BULLY! Everything is against Jas, and poor her that I don't know how they still friends. Georgia gives the most horrible tips and advices. Jas has like broke up twice with her boyfriends thanks to Georgia. Thank God that Jas is not that dumb and she comes back to him, because they are a really sweet couple. Another sweet couple is Sven and Rosie. Sven made laugh every time he apperead, because no one ever understands what he is saying.
“Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on where you were sitting) Libby let off the smelliest, loudest fart known to humanity. It came out of her bum-oley with such force that she lifted off my knee - like a hovercraft. Even she looked surprised by what had come out of her.”
I'm trying to understand if Georgia's sister, Liberty aka Libbs, has a problem because she does the most random and weird things. I don't remember my sister or me doing those things. Plus her mother is always ignoring her like she doesn't care, i hate it.
“Boys are like elastic bands... Boys are different from girls. Girls like to be cozy all the time but boys don't. First of all, they like to get all close to you like a coiled-up rubber band, but after a while, they get fed up with being too coiled and need to stretch away to their full stretchiness. Then, after a bit of on-their-own strategy, they ping back to be close to you.”
I'm trying to understand Georgia's way, I do, but I can't. Is she is so in love with Robbie, why is she so stupid in front of him. I guess that she turns more than jelly thanks to love? Sacré Bleu! Why I'm still reading this? I don't know. Will I keep reading it? .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!