Saturday, January 24, 2015

[R] Ignited, by: Sara B. Larson

Ignite
(Defy #2)
by: Sara B. Larson

★★★★★

Murder, abductions, and forbidden romance abound in this thrilling sequel to Sara B. Larson's acclaimed YA debut, DEFY.

Alexa remains by the newly crowned King Damian’s side as his guard, ever committed to helping him rebuild Antion and reclaim the hope of Antion's people, despite continuing to harbor a secret love for him. However, when another threat to Damian and his kingdom emerges, and blame is cast on their newly forged allies from Blevon, Alexa knows things are not what they seem. With the fate of her nation hanging in the balance once again, will Alexa be able to protect her king and uncover the true enemy -- before it's too late?


my thoughts


Oh, but if the first book was good this one was even better. What it differ from the first was the END. How dare you to left me hanging like that? I did NOT knew this was a trilogy until the end of this book and then went snooping around the author's profile. I thought this was a duality, but when I kept going on and on reading about war, I knew something was wrong. JEZZ, I want the next book now, but I have to wait until 2016. WHY?!

After that rambling, let me recap you a little summary on whats going on. The last book left us that everyone was happy, except the King [Damian] and Alexa because they weren't exactly together. She always running from him and him giving her the cold shoulder because of well, what she still doing (running). After a misterious visit from someone from Dansaii and some attacks from an army that everyone thinks is Blevoniese, things become tricky. There is no actually proof that the attacks aren't from Blevon and the mistrious Lady Vera from Dansaii have some things under her skirt. Alexa must protect the King, even if can compromise her life, which is actually what the King do not want.

The book is all about some kind of war. First, the attacks; second, the battle of who to trust; third, the battle of feelings between Alexa, Damian and do not forget Rylan; fourth and last, Lady Vera and what the hell is she? The book will draw anyone in, of that I'm sure. I told you guys that I flied through the last book like it was nothing... well, this one I was even more faster. Yes, It was shorter, but only by a few pages, still it was that good.

If you haven't read the first book, I assure you that missing this is almost a sin. There books are perfect action-packed and romance included. It has everything a reader could want in a book. The world is magical, the characters are a laugh and the story keeps getting better and better. Read these books soon, but maybe you should wait until the third book comes out, because the cliff was horrible and the waiting will be worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!