Friday, January 16, 2015

[R] Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants, by Louise Rennison

Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants
(Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #4)
by: Louise Rennison

4 of 5 stars

Georgia thought she had put her "red-bottomosity" to rest when she finally chose Robbie the Sex God over Dave the Laugh. Anyway, Dave the Laugh is now dating her friend Ellen (which didn't stop Georgia from snogging him at a party...)

But when Dave breaks up with Ellen and the Sex God is never around, Georgia doesn't know what to do! As always, in Georgia's life, nothing ever turns out as planned!



my thoughts
“I can't believe the poo-osity of my life!”
I cannot help but laugh even more and more with each book I read of this series. For real, I did laugh more in this book than the last one and so on. But, even though it was funny, I don't quite love the books. They make me laugh, but it has so many ploy twists that sometimes confused me.
“Everyone is so obsessed with themselves nowadays that they have no time for me.”
This time around, Georgia is having much doubts and I kind of did not like all the doubts she had, but thats the teenage life. She is still the girlfriend of Robbie, aka the Sex God (SG), but some lad called Dave the Laugh is giving her doubts. Her red bottomosity is rampant doing whatever it wants and its gonna affect Georgia. Plus we are introduced a new set of words too, hahaha. Robbie is between going to Hamberger-a-gogoland or not. Ellen is rating Dave the Laugh (which makes Georgia a little uncomfortable). The gang travel to la gay Paree as a school trip and there they have a laugh.
“Oh no. I've just accidently paid a visit to the cakeshop of love. I haven't put back my Italian cakey, but I have accidentally picked up a Dave the Tart.”
This book was certainly a trip, because too many things happened and I'm still a little shocked of the outcome. I love how Georgia talks and how much she combines all the languages she partially know. On the other part, Angus (the cat) is a father! Naomi, the she cat of Mr. & Mrs. Across the Road was pregnant but no one knew who was the father until she gave birth and little Anguses came to life. Hilarious!
“Jassie, guess what I'm dancing in!' 'I don't know, a bowl?' 'Non...I am DANCING IN MY NUDDY-PANTS!!!' And we both laughed like loons on loon tablets. I danced for ages round the house in my nuddy-pants. Also, I did this brilliant thing-I danced in the front window just for a second whilst Mr. Across the Road was drawing his curtains. He will never be sure if he saw a mirage or not. That is the kind of person I am. Not really the kind of person who goes and raises elks in Whakatane.”
I'm, obviously, going to read all these books and if you want to have a laugh you should too.
“He who laughs last laughs the laughiest.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!