Sunday, January 18, 2015

[R] Away Laughing on a Fast Camel, by Louise Rennison

Away Laughing on a Fast Camel
(Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #5)
by: Louise Rennison

3.5 of 5 stars

The Sex God has left the country, taking Georgia's heart with him. So she decides to display glaciosity to all boys -- a girl can only have her heart broken so many times.

Until she meets Masimo, the new singer for the Stiff Dylans. The Sex God is gone, but here comes the Dreamboat, and Georgia's away laughing on a fast camel (whatever that means).


my thoughts

Fifth book is down! I feel like doing a party every time I finish one of these books, just because Georgia makes me. I laugh a lot in this one, but not as much as last one, poo. But comparing this to the others, this one is the biggest and it occur so many things that it is understandable that it isn't so a joke. BUT I still laugh.
"We liberated the anatomy skeleton from the blodge lab and put "Fatty," as we call him, in science overalls. We sat him at the back in between me and Rosie. Herr Kamyer [the teacher] is so duff that he didn't even notice until the skeleton put his hand up to answer a question."
Georgia and the ace gang are a laugh and that incluces Tom, Rollo, Sven and of course, Dave the Laugh. This time, Robbie isn't anywhere near and Georgia feel very alone and in snogg withdrawal, which is hilarious. The last news are that the The Stiff Dylans has a new lead singer called Masimo, who is half-italian and half-american. After Georgia meets him, the Dreamboat finally arrived and she is in full mode to conquer his love.
Vati was in an appallingly good mood. When two woman were walking along (practically at the same speed as the clown car), he wound down the window and shouted, "Your big day is here, ladies, the Sex Bomb is officially in his car." Oh God it was soo humiliating. I said to Mum, "I don't think Dad's medication is working, Mum."
The Nicolson family is still very crazy. There isn't much a change in them, even for Libby, because she is still the same crazy little kid and now it has Gordy as a mate, all hell broke loose. Finally, I know how old is Georgia, 16! Uncle Eddie keeps making us laugh and Vati has just join the gang.
"We are off to Hamburger-a-gogo land. I can track down Maximo. I don't know where exactly he is, but how big can America be??
Oh, please dear readers who haven't read these books. Do read them! She can be stupid, immature and annoying, but SHE IS HILARIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!