Saturday, July 26, 2014

[R] Losing It, by: Cora Carmack

Losing It 
(Losing It #1)
by: Cora Carmack

★★★★½

Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.


my thoughts

I don't know what came into me, but I pick this book (not really, it was an ebook) up because it was almost as dusty as antique statue from lost time past. I thought "why the hell not?", so I did and I do not regret it at all.
“If brains could have orgasms, I'm pretty sure this was what it would feel like.”
The first chapters were hilarious because is when the story forms. Bliss (which is a funny name already) is the only virgin among her friends, so she got out to find a man to resolve her "issue". After almost a night of nothing going on, she found herself wrap it in a conversation of Shakespeare with a handsome brit called Garrick. They talked, he invited her to his aparment, but they found out that they couldn't enter. They went to her aparment (that was only one building away) and make out until the shirts and almost pants were off... but Bliss said "Stop! Cats! Stop...". So everything went downhill, until BAM. Classes started and he, Garrick was her teacher.
“Sometimes, it's the scary things in life that are the most worthwhile.”
Yup, shit hit the fan from there on. The sexual tension was so thick that you could slice it with a knife or even a spoon. The thing is that Garrick went on and on, because he truly like her and she like him too, but was too scared. After almost a month, from my calculations, things were getting up and up and up, until the very end. I can tell you that I love the end (big TA-DA there). I wouldn't change a thing about this book. It was worthy. Funny as hell, hot as hell too. I want a Garrick for myself please. And if you read this book, you could want it too.
“We want what we can't have. It's human nature.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!