Monday, July 28, 2014

[R] Faking It, by: Cora Carmack

Faking It
(Losing It #2)
by: Cora Carmack

★★★★★

Mackenzie “Max” Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they’re expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade.

Cade moved to Philadelphia to act and to leave his problems behind in Texas. So far though, he’s kept the problems and had very little opportunity to take the stage. When Max approaches him in a coffee shop with a crazy request to pretend to be her boyfriend, he agrees to play the part. But when Cade plays the role a little too well, they’re forced to keep the ruse going. And the more they fake the relationship, the more real it begins to feel.

my thoughts

Gosh! Why did I even wait so long to read these books? First was the most "awww" story, Losing It and the short stories that goes with it, and now we have one of the most perfect and romantic stories I have ever read, Faking It.
“Her eyes were a bottomless ocean that I would give up air to explore.”
It's Cade's chance. His time with Bliss passed and it wasn't good for him or for her. So after that crushing heart moment for him, something better got hold... Max. Actually her name is Mckenzie, but he likes to be called Max. The first moment they met, it was weird as hell because she just asked him if he could pretend be her boyfriend in front of her parents. When he said yes, that actually let us know that circus arrive in town. From there to the end, everything was up, up and up.
"And if you do wake up one day and don't want to be with me, I will fight for you like I am now... I'll remind you every day how amazing it feels when your body touch mine. I'll remind you of the good times, and help you forget the bad. I'll remind you who you are when life has beaten you down and made you doubt it. I'll bust down your door in the middle of the night and kiss you until you remember that your fears are just that, and they can't control you. I'll take my chances against your fickle heart if it means it's mine."
I never thought I could love Cade so much as I do now. I mean, I fell in love with Garrick the first book, but not with Cade because well... Bliss. But now, watching it as Max. He is a greek god of perfection. That doesn't mean that neither of them as their own baggage because they certainly do. They help each other so much that at the end what they must admit is that they love each other with all their baggage.
After what could have been an eternity or a few seconds, Cade whispered, "Pain change us. Mine made me want to be perfect, so that no one would ever want to leave me again." I inhaled deeply. "Yours made you Golden. Mine just made me angry." One of his hands found my jaw, and he lifted my head up enough to face him. "Your pain made you strong. It made you passionate and alive. It made us both who we are." A laugh pushed its way past the pain that lived in my lungs, and escaped from my throat. "Golden Boy and Angry Girl." "We should make a comic book about out adventures."
I really loved this books and whoever wants to read a really funny and romantic story, should read it. NOW! Its sad that it doesn't any short stories about these two, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!