Sunday, July 20, 2014

[R] Don't Look Back, by: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Don't Look Back
by: Jennifer L. Armentrout

★★★★★

Samantha is a stranger in her own life. Until the night she disappeared with her best friend, Cassie, everyone said Sam had it all-popularity, wealth, and a dream boyfriend.

Sam has resurfaced, but she has no recollection of who she was or what happened to her that night. As she tries to piece together her life from before, she realizes it's one she no longer wants any part of. The old Sam took "mean girl" to a whole new level, and it's clear she and Cassie were more like best enemies. Sam is pretty sure that losing her memories is like winning the lottery. She's getting a second chance at being a better daughter, sister, and friend, and she's falling hard for Carson Ortiz, a boy who has always looked out for her-even if the old Sam treated him like trash.

But Cassie is still missing, and the facts about what happened to her that night isn't just buried deep inside of Sam's memory-someone else knows, someone who wants to make sure Sam stays quiet. All Sam wants is the truth, and if she can unlock her clouded memories of that fateful night, she can finally move on. But what if not remembering is the only thing keeping Sam alive?

my thoughts

Wow, this one was such a ride that I barely can understand that I actually finished reading it. The book hooked me up so much that I spent almost all day reading it. I had this book for long time, so it was the time to read it and I totally enjoy it and love it.

The story was so much alike to a book a read last summer. It was actually the same plot, but no one was following her or anything, like in this book. Samantha, aka Sam or Sammy, was one of those girls that is rich and is totally bitch about it. But like in all highschools is obviously not only one girl. It was a group, but she was the queen bee and she had her soldier at her right, Cassie. When both girls went missing and Sam came back without memory at all, things got weird. Sam changed her style, personality, friends, even boyfriend.
“Money doesn't buy taste, personality, or common decency.”
I love how much she changed... for good. I like how much she want to become the good one after so much evil in her past. The characters were absolutely perfect and obviously, Carson (which was the perfect boy for Sam) was worth to drool over. Scott was the brother that everyone wish to have. Her parents were weird and I still don't know what to think about them after the end. But I think I would love her mother after the end.

Of course, the book was a mystery, suspense and thriller one, so the thing was that we must find who was the murder and who keeps following Sam to scare her. No spoilers, so I will not tell, but I was not expecting that end. Didn't know until the very end, who was and when I knew, was totally fuck up situation. STILL I LOVE THE BOOK. Like any other book of JLA, it was worth it. I totally recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!