Sunday, June 15, 2014

[R] Into the Fae, by: Quinn Loftis

Into the Fae
(Gypsy Healers #1)
by: Quinn Loftis

★★★★★

With peace finally descending on the Romanian Grey Wolves, longtime fae ambassador to the wolves, Perizada, has been given a new mission by the Great Luna. But Peri’s desire for revenge against her sister, Lorelle, burns in her heart. Further complicating matters, the great white wolf, Lucian Lupei, has been returned to the pack after centuries trapped in the Dark Forest, and it appears he is destined to be with Peri. Can she put aside her thoughts of vengeance long enough to accept Lucian’s love and complete her mission?

my thoughts

WOAH! Quinn Loftis does it again. I'm sure that I have said that about some authors, but seriously, Quinn my respects. I loved her series The Grey Wolves and her other series Elfin, and now it comes this new one and by reading it, I know I will love it for sure.

Into the Fae continues where The Grey Wolves left us, but this time the stories will focuse in Perizada and the gypsy healears. We only know about two: Sally and Rachel, but there are five more! We know that gypsy healers have a lot of power and that bad people always want to use that, so that's basically what its happening here. The good part is that these gypsy healers will be the mates of some of our favorite furrballs! I already can point a couple.

Without spolering the end, lets talk about our five healers: Stella, Anna, Jewel, Heather and Kara. They come from different parts, but someone they have a past more or less similar. I can point from now that my favorites will be Jewel, Stella and Heather. DAMN! Those girls did crack me up, as in laughing so hard that my dad looked at me like I was crazy. But basically I laughed more with Heather (she is blind), but that doesn't meant that she is useless.

Read these little scenes:
"I'm sure you've deduced by now that I can't see a jack, so could you please fill me in on where the wicked witch has deposited us?"
"No worries, I hear Jack isn't very handsome so you aren't missing anything."
"That was pretty good," Heather chuckled. "Just shy of being lame, but good nonetheless."

"Not to burst your bubble Jewels, but things are going to get quite a bit strange for you and Kara."
"What kind of strange?" Jewel slowly asked.
"The furry kind of thing." Heather's vague answer did not appease the hungry-for-knowledge librarian.
"Specifics," she coaxed.
Heather blew out a puff of air before she answered. "The werewolf kind of strange."
Jewel was shocked silent, her eyes growing impossibly wide, before she finally whispered. "Shut the front door."
"There would be no point," Heather said dryly. "These wolves would growl and snarl and rip your door to shreds."

"... or I'm going to start leading. And let me tell you girls, you know things are bad when everyone has to follow the blind chick."
Tell me that the Heather chick isn't hillarious. I love her! And so it was all the scenes between Lucian and Peri. I even had some pictures that I thought were them. Peri, here, and Lucian, here. One last thing... READ THIS BOOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!