Thursday, May 29, 2014

[R] Unmade, by: Sarah Rees Brennan

Unmade
(The Lynburn Legacy #3)
by: Sarah Rees Brennan

★★★★☆

Powerful love comes with a price. Who will be the sacrifice?

Kami has lost the boy she loves, is tied to a boy she does not, and faces an enemy more powerful than ever before. With Jared missing for months and presumed dead, Kami must rely on her new magical link with Ash for the strength to face the evil spreading through her town.

Rob Lynburn is now the master of Sorry-in-the-Vale, and he demands a death. Kami will use every tool at her disposal to stop him. Together with Rusty, Angela, and Holly, she uncovers a secret that might be the key to saving the town. But with knowledge comes responsibility—and a painful choice. A choice that will risk not only Kami’s life, but also the lives of those she loves most.


I will try to make the most honest review I have ever made. All my reviews from before are honest, but this one... has to be, because I do have feelings crashing with each other. And because is a book that isn't published yet, I will divide it in two: non-spoilery & a little bit of spoilers.

NON-SPOILER! (but spoilers if you haven't read the first books)
If you have read the first two books, you know what you are getting to in this book. You know that more battles are coming and that people will die. But who tells us to stop reading? No one, because the curiosity of knowing is beyond any suffering we could meet in the future. I don't exactly remember when it finished the second book, but we know these things happened at the end: Ash & Kami are linked as sorcerer and source; Jared offered himself as a trade between his aunt and Kami's brother; Rob is ruling the town; there are few sorcerers in the "good" side; and nothing more that I remember without knowing if is a spoiler or not.

Anyway, in this book we should have (and will have, obviously) our expected end of this "war". Now that Jared is a prisoner inside the Aurimere house and no one can rescue him because there's a ring of fire around the house. Only the ones that Rob want in can enter. And there is Kami's mom problem. We know that the Glass family served the Lynburns before and Claire (Kami's mom) to protected her family, become a servant for Rob now. Everyone at the beginning thought that Jared was dead, because of Kami's mom saying that she cleaned his blood and it was a lot. Lie. Jared is alive and we know it in the first chapters.

The battle will be hard. Rob Lynburn has everything in his favor to win and the people of the town will not do anything against him because of fear. What Kami must do is give them hope. Which reminds me to The Hunger Games, "hope is stronger than fear" quote. Certainly, with hope anyone can do anything against the greatest evil that has to come.

SPOILERS!
Now, let's face it. I felt so many emotions and one different in every chapter. I cried, I laughed, I wanted to through my iPad to the other side of the room, I wanted to punch some characters, I wanted to stop reading to cry a little bit more, I want to tear my heart out and I want to dance over the joy I had at the end.

I do not understand why so many people died! What's the explanation of so many blood. The last one was the most touchy for me, Rusty. Rusell Montgomery III died because of love, because of protection, but overall because of love. He wanted to Kami to win this war against the evil Rob. He was the last sacrifice and I cried so much... Rusty is one of those characters that you instantly love and you just want it to be happy. But it didn't happened. He died and so was my hope for the rest of the book. But I keep reading more and more. I left out other "deads" worth to mention but I don't want to be awfully spoilery.

Everything changed! At the end, good always wins. The Epilogue chapter, which is the last, is one of the most beautiful chapters I have read in my life. It was a Jared-Kami scene. Like the wonderful end we were all waiting, the one where Jared say it all and Kami cannot talk. I want to show you some quotes from him.
"There is one thing I thought you knew, and if you don't I have to tell you. I am utterly in love with you. I've been in love with you my whole life. I've been in love with you your whole life. I don't know how to live without being in love with you, and I don't want to know."
"I said once that my idea of happiness is to always be with you, and it is. I'm always going to think of you as the source of everything. To me, the sun rises and sets on you. You make all things true. I am in love with you, and I cannot imagine being in love with anyone else. It would be like becoming someone else. Your name was the first word of love I ever knew."
What does this book taught me? Nothing and that's the true. I only read it to know and apparently only to cry, feel anger and laugh sometimes. Joy did not came until the end and I'm glad that at least it came. What do you say, will you read it or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!